Extra-curricular activities (1 Viewer)

HSC
hello all.

I'm very hopeful of doing a comm course at bathurst next year. One of the things that makes me abit apprehensive is the "isolation" of the place.

So, to get to the point, what's the life like in bathurst? or any other campus for that matter? Is there much by way of things within the uni itself such as clubs and societies?

Also, i like rugby union and cricket. How do they stack up at CSU?

bex

HSC
not sure bout cricket but the union boys (and girls!) usually do pretty well in their competitions.. the rugby club is a world of its own with its events! theres not much to do on campus but there is a really social atmosphere with bar nights every tues and thurs nites.. there are aslo heaps of other clubs to keep you busy and we have tennis courts, bball courts and a gym and tehers a pool downtown too...

Fro

HSC
i love the social life at uni! You meet so many cool and interesting people.
Bex was right about the rugby club - they always have some pretty cool bar nights and activities.
I am also a bit vague on the cricket side of things... lots of cricket is played in and around dorms but if your looking for a competitive comp i'm sure downtown will provide...
Good luck and i might be seein you next year

HSC
ok, so ive done a bit of uhhh.... shall we call it "field research", and ive gotta say, i was wrong to doubt you bathurst :)

the results of this research indicate to me that country towns are absolutely fantastic places to go out on the town.

i would easily say that in ranking my top 10 nights out ever, country towns in NSW such as mudgee, orange and particularly bathurst would be represneted at least 2, possibly 3 times each.

so anyway, nice work, hopefully ill b able to continue the aforementioned "field research" from bathurst itself.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
They have girls union teams? I haven't played since school! Looking forward to this even more now! What other sports teams do you have?

bex

HSC
i got this list from csustudents.org.au which is a good site to familiarise yourself with the different student clubs, groups and events that go on in the year. Not all these sports are involved in a weekly comp thing but we do enter into most of them at eastern uni games as well as australian uni games. enjoy!

AFL
Athletics/Cycling/Triathlon
Baseball
Basketball
Canoeing
Cricket
Fencing
Golf
Gymnastics
Hockey
Martial Arts
Netball
Oztag
Rugby League
Rugby Union
Soccer
Softball
Swimming
Tennis
Touch
Ultimate Frisbee
Volleyball
Waterpolo
Women's Rugby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)