Csu - Bathurst (1 Viewer)

Universal

HSC
N/A
Hey Everyone...
I'm hoping to study a BA of Communications - Journalism at CSU Bathurst Campus next year.
Although it seems like a great uni with a great rep, i'm somewhat nervous about the adjustment of living on campus.
I was wondering if anyone had any information or own personal experiences in reguards to CSU.
Also a friend of mine is looking to study physiotherapy next year, although CSU only offers this course at the Albury campus. I was wondering if any of the human movement courses, or any other course offered at Bathurst, leads into this career?
Thanks a Bunch...
xoxoxoxox

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i personally haven't been there, but i have a friend who graduated last year and was at bathurst - she absolutely loved it... she said if you want to do anythign with communication/media, to definately go to bathurst, coz it's the best course and a lot of fun... plus it's only 190km from sydney, which means coming back on the weekends is not a prob

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Is anyone heading to CSU Bathurst in 2004? I am planning to (marks permitting..) and would love to know if anyone else is heading down there... So were aren't nigels when we first turn up ;)

stepho

CSU 2004

Hey,
I am thinking of going to CSU next year to study a human movement/ business studies double degree thing... So there will be another new comer to the scene... I am from sydney so i'll be doing the whole campus thing... Kinda scared... Hell yeah!
Just thought i'd let you know that you wont be the only one!

Steph

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hi Stepho! I'm from Sydney too... So, I'm in the same situation.. It's really daunting, moving to a new place, knowing nobody... LOL, I love the security of knowing people..

But it's great to see someone else going to CSU! Might see ya next year ;)

fringey

HSC
Oh i hope to go there 2!! Possibly communications: theatre and media!! I'll be doing campus aswell! This is so exciting!!
My cousin goes there and says it is awesome!!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Bathurst probably. But I'm looking into other courses, so I might end up at Wagga Wagga, or Albury... ;)

fringey

HSC
Yeah I didn't know they had a wagga campus until the other day. I've never really considered going there but would if there was a course I wanted to do. Have u been there b4, do u know what it is like? I wonder if it has a night life?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Nah, I've never been to Wagga Wagga.. Have to Bathurst thou. I'm sure the Uni's have a night life... Don't think Wagga Wagga it self has an overly huge nite life mind you. Anyways.. you coming from Sydney, or somehwere else?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I am looking at their communications courses as well, and since I am from Albury I will be doing the campus thing if I go as well... kind of annoying though to have to move all the way to Bathurst when they have the same uni in my home town (but they don't have my course dammit!!!!)

fringey

HSC
yeah what communications course? And what is albury like just in case I end up there!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Albury is OK... kinda boring, but not too bad... it has a nice relaxed feel... a fair few shops and nightclubs/pubs but it will probably be a bit of a shock for anyone that is coming from a big city!!! The campus here is pretty nice, it's inside all of these historical homes, and it's right in the middle of town... I've been there for HSC study days etc. I've heard good things about the courses here, especially the health sciences (speech path, podiatry, OT, physio) and primary school teaching/early childhood courses and photography at Albury has a high reputation.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What is Bathurst like? Is it a hole??? What's the population??? What is the nitelife/shopping like lol!!!

bex

HSC
Bathurst is tha bomb! im in my 1st yr of a comm radio degree at bathurst and i can safely say that im having the time of my life!

The nightlife is heaps of fun, there are soooo many of activities organised by the students assoc. as well as a lot of places down town to go out to.
I live on campus and i found that the transition from sydney-> bathurst wasnt a problem. You meet so many nice people that you hardly have time to feel homesick!

If you guys have any questions dont be afraid to PM me!

stepho

Hey everyone..

Just wanting to know if anyone is doing a bachelor of human movement\ communications & journalism or business...
cos i want to know the UAI for the course and nowhere wants to tell me...
Is the course any good???

Steph

bex

HSC
The reason you cant find a UAI is because applicants are accepted from a combination of 2 essays, a questionaire and your UAI. If you have put CSU in your preferences at UAC, they will automatically send you the application forms when they release them.

PS the UniBar and CSU Bathurst in general have great nightlife! Every tues and thurs there is a themed barnight (although tues isnt usually as busy) and on the weekend we all go downtown to the Park, the Ox or the Eddy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)