life at bathurst (1 Viewer)

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
hey all you csu fans,

i was looking over courses and was interested in doing games tech.
then i saw it was in bathurst... what a let down.

anywho, in general, whats it like out there in the west...
whats the accomodation like in the range of $100 a week? =p
and the other important one, is there a chance to get a job round there somewhere..
last time i was at bathurst... it was really small =p

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
Population of about 30,000 or so.

People are friendly, uni bar is great, and the same goes for pubs and clubs downtown.

Honestly I've never had so much fun then out there (home at the moment), its only been one day into the hollidays and I already miss it!

But if you still want more (which I really doubt), sydney isn't too far away (3hrs). I haven't been to any other uni before, so I can't realy tell you how CSU bathurst compares.

I'm in catered towers, which is about $329 per fortnight. The room is kinda small, but not too small where you can't move. Plus, your only ever in there for sleeping, studying, computer, and your own space, most of the time you'll be in the common room, going out, eating, playing or learning, basically its pretty socialable.

- phizz

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Go Jiz! Bathurst is fucking awsome! Can't wait till self catered pub run!! (Though, I'm pretty sure slide is a townie)

As for towers...LOL, things i've heard of the place..final fling and the crazy kid smashing up the bathroom? Self catered all the way...mind you, i have woken up in JOV on occassion ;)

simon_hitchcock

<><><><><>
HSC
Yeah way to go Phizz. Bathurst has the best atmosphere, so much fun. And as for catered towers how good are the towers, they go off. Towers pub run second week back :) hey what tower are you in, im in cottrell, u first year?

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
Slide Rule said:
As for accomodation? $165 a week isn't too bad, I guess. I think anything over $200 would be a joke.
i pay more than $200 for the catered cottages on campus, and its so not a joke!! its totally worth it!!

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
I lived there for 18 years, and I liked it.
I have friends who do the games tech course who were a bit disapointed with it. CSU isn't anything near what it used to be, thanks to lack of funding.

HSC
i don't go to csu, but just wanted to say that bathurst can be a pretty awesome place. its cold as hell and pretty small, but the people there are generally tops. i lived there for a couple of years and loved it.

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
simon_hitchcock said:
Yeah way to go Phizz. Bathurst has the best atmosphere, so much fun. And as for catered towers how good are the towers, they go off. Towers pub run second week back :) hey what tower are you in, im in cottrell, u first year?
1st year, Heath.

That remainds me, I need to raise a bit of dosh before I go back for the pub run......anyone willing to donate?

Abu Ghurayb said:
I lived there for 18 years, and I liked it.
I have friends who do the games tech course who were a bit disappointed with it. CSU isn't anything near what it used to be, thanks to lack of funding.
Just wondering, what your friends were disappointed with in the games tech corse?

Last edited:

katebywater

Slide Rule said:
Grass is greener on the other side and all. I will leave; I just need to complete my HSC first.
Damn straight.
Why is it all of us who live here and/or go to school in this cold lil speck of existance want to get the fuk outta here when we finish?
Oh well, out with the old-in with the new.

bex

HSC
i wouldnt want to live there full time either but for 3 years of uni its an awesome experience that you probably wouldnt get at a city uni..for a lot of us, its our first time living (far) away from home and its that awesome sense of freedom and not being accountable to anyone except yourself that lets you cut loose and just have fun!

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
CSU Bathurst is pretty cool. I mean, what other uni in Australia is down the road from a V8 Race track? :p

Anyways, I've been there a couple of times and the facilities seem good. It's a pretty cool town, it's got some good hangouts and stuff, good people. If you ever get bored, you can head 45mins west and go to Orange. Great city Orange. :)

bex

HSC
can i just say is f***** FREEZING!!!!! it snows not in bathurst town itself but in a circle around it so we get the icy winds in winter and lots of sleet and frost... i just got back today for hols and sydney is like summer!!! brrrrr

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL Bex, it snowed a little!! Tiny snow flakes over the place ;) And Kelso and Raglan got it, and even Maccas got a bit. But you could feel the bloody snow...it's terrible thanks to Mt Canobolos ;)

bex

HSC
yeah we went on a snow hunt out to molong- on the other side of orange yet found nothing! so dissapointed!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Really? I thought Molong woulda been covered! Carcor was I think, shoulda gone to Yetholme, that was absolutley covered!

dougthelegend

HSC
anywhere pretty much 10k out of bathurst to 10/15k out of Lithgow gets plenty of snow around this time of year, we went to Lithgow on Friday and it was covered for a fair bit of the way :)

bex

HSC
lithgow is THE coldest place ive ever been.. how can you live there!?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
you obviously havent been many places bex, canberra and goulburn easily colder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)