2nd choice after uni melb? (1 Viewer)

SportsGirlQueen

HSC
N/A
hey guys, just wondering what the next best uni after uni of melb wood be in vic? i i kno i have no chance of getting into their lol n really want to move to melb, so what would be ur 2nd choice of uni? I have now decided i want to do marketing so if anyone could plz provide their thoughts and knowledge on the best choice for me to study that course at the nxt best uni it wood be the best! thanks all!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
My personal opinion is Monash University being the 2nd best after Uni of Melb. Then Deakin and RMIT coming in as equal third. Then Victoria University coming fourth...then there are lots of little private institutions.

I think Monash would be best for marketing though, before Uni of Melb. Cause Uni of Melb's Bach of Media and Communications is a really high cut off (around 98ish) and is an unrealistic option for 97% of high school graduates. Monash has plenty of Communication/Business degrees. Do the research yourself about them.
http://www.monash.edu.au

Bond_girl

It depends what you want to do...if you wanted a particular minor, you'd be better off at Melbourne Uni or Monash, because they have a wider range of subjects, and the prestige. RMIT is particularly good for journalism and some engineering subs. Deakin's lecturers are all industry based, and if you go to Deakin your chances of getting work experience increases no end. Not really sure about Victoria Uni, but La Trobe is ok. La Trobe is more physiotherapy and science based.

1. University of Melbourne
2. Monash University
3. RMIT
4. La trobe University
5. Deakin

Hope this helps :)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
SportsGirlQueen said:
So no one recommends Swinburne?
Well, it's a good uni for some courses, crap for others. But I guess that's like any university. I have a friend there and he says its pretty relaxed and not too rigorous...I don't really know much about it...and its probably best coming down on the 22nd of August...cause most unis have their open day then and it's better checking it out for yourself...anyways, flights between Melbourne and Sydney are dirt cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)