Accomodation at CSU Bathurst (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What is the accomodation like at CSU Bathurst? What would you say is the best college/accomodation to stay in??

bex

HSC
TOWERS!!! Actually, it really depends on the kind of person you are... There are generally 2 types of accomadation. Catered- where you have meals provided for you and Self Catered- where you cook for yourself. Generally the catered places are more social. "Diggings" is self catered and its known to be pretty quiet. The main social place is Towers- where i am now, there are 2 towers and its absolutely nuts! Very central to everything something is always happening there! The rooms are VERY small but most people seem to find that its just enough personal space. I think its quite cosy.

John Oxley Village (JOV) is similar to Towers although its a little more spread out and is on the other side of the uni which we towers people consider a hike, but its not really that far. The rooms are maybe a little bigger but the walls are made of fibro and you can hear EXACTLY what your neighbours are getting up to (wink wink nudge nudge)..

Windradyne is the newest place, the rooms are bigger but they really are detahed and kind of keep to themselves.

For 1st year i recommend JOV or Towers.. you can find more info at http://www.csu.edu.au/enterprise/residences/

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hey.. I was thinking more self cated (it being cheaper and all ;)) but whats the food like in catered? I went there, and liked the self-catered, but they were a little isolated from everything else. JOV was really nice too... The towers were so small! LOL But what is the food for catered like?

bex

HSC
erm well.. thats debatable... its.. interesting.. if you went to boarding school you will find thats its MUCH better. Otherwise, its not like home but all the food is ok, some things they make are really nice and theres always heaps of it i.e youre never hungry. A lot of people complain about it because its "cool" to. But i dont think its really that bad at all...

And yes Towers is small, thats what i thought too at first. But its really all that you need. It does look like a jail buyt once everyone moves in their stuff its much more homely.

Self catered is cheaper but its BORING. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)