Wagga Campus (1 Viewer)

span23

can anyone give me any info about the wagga campus, or wagga in general, what kind of night life? I'd say it would be pretty similar to Albury. Anyone interetsed/ doing any of the science courses at wagga?
Thanks

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
hey i went to wagga to cheak out the pharmacy course. the uni ix ok and the city is reasonable size about 60k, i saw one nighclub and many pubs, the pharmacy course is gona be my first pref there is like small class sizes etc

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
...LOL, I know the campus is HUGE thanks to the ag. faculty. ;)

Thats all, never been to Wagga..

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I've heard Wagga is a pretty rough city... lots of bogans... but I've also heard the nightlife is good, better than Albury's.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL Ash, I've heard the same bout Wagga, it's a bit like Moree, Dubbo ect. Bit rough, but it can't be any worse than Sydney ;)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i think you will find that it is nowhere near as rough as dubbo and moree

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
my sister lives in wagga, and she loves it - she's always lived in perth and she finds wagga fine, not rough at all

i'm looking at possibly doing ag science at wagga... but i'll probs stick to sydney if anything

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Originally posted by crazybrad
i think you will find that it is nowhere near as rough as dubbo and moree
LOL, I've only heard about Moree, but Wagga is a bit like Dubbo.

I've been to parts of Dubbo (a while ago) and my dad grew up there - It has ok/decent parts, just like any city. The really rough parts are West Dubbo (which is the worst, hands down) and Central Dubbo, (where my dad grew up) isn't as bad as W. Dubbo, but rough none the less. South Dubbo is suppose to be OK in comparison though.

Wagga, I've heard, is about the same. It has really rough areas, and decent areas - and a few towns surrounding the city are pretty bad too (I can't remember the name of the town, but one in the surrounding Wagga District is paticulary notorious.)

Wagga Wagga earnt it self a name, just like Dubbo and Moree. But I've never been to Wagga, so I don't know if it's a justified name ;)

s2ophie

HSC
All i know is the people i know who live in Wagga say that there is absolutely no shopping and they venture as far to say that Albury shopping is better!!

Anyway i could have told you that at school span...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
One of my friends from Melbourne tried to tell me Albury shopping was really good.... I dropped my jaw in absolute shock!

fringey

HSC
um hello no1 mentioned dubbo has that really cool zoo!

beccy

Well i live about an hour away from wagga and its pretty good. The night life is what you make it. Shoppin ok and the wagga campus is pretty good also. Movies, big indoor sporting and pool complex all in all a pretty good place.

Bird Monkey

well im thinking pf going to wagga to do television production..is anyone else doing that? i went to wagga uni for a week for an art camp and the facilities were excellent, as well as teh accomodation, new cottages..i ve heard the nitelife is pretty good too, so now all i need to know is..any hot guys going to wagga next year? :shy:

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by beccy
Well i live about an hour away from wagga and its pretty good. The night life is what you make it. Shoppin ok and the wagga campus is pretty good also. Movies, big indoor sporting and pool complex all in all a pretty good place.

an hour which direction from wagga? i'm an hour from wagga too

Tocatina

CSU has a pretty good campus at Wagga, except is is about 15 minutes from the city, and it is a bit hard to walk as their is a long bridge with no pedestrian walkway. Wagga has about 60 thousand people, and the nightlife is ok. There are about 10 pubs and three or four nightclubs. Most of Wagga is ok, but like any city there are bad parts. I have lived in Wagga for 15 years, and I do believe I will be ging to CSU.

brett T

I live about 1/2 hour south west of Wagga. I go to school at Wagga Wagga High. For me it is quicker to go to CSU Wagga than the high school i go to. Wagga is a good place if you like sport. Their are teams in all footy codes, Aussie Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer. Most sports are palyed down here. Wagga population is about 60,000. It has a brand new swimming complex, only open at the start of this term (third term). Hopefully next year I will be studying at CSU Waggga in Agriculture.

Kathman

Hello people,

Coming from a Wagga chick it's great just choice your friends wisely.

The campus is great has great facilities, I'm so going there to do primary teaching.

Yes there are bogans, great night life (red lion or Vic) and crappy shopping, but hey only a few hours from Albury, great place to shop.

Make sure you come it's great, trust me its fine, if you want to know more give me a yell.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Albury,. great place to shop? I didn't realize that Wagga shopping was worse than Albury shopping!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)