Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedics) and Bachelor of Nursing @ CSU Bathurst (Bx (1 Viewer)

sar-bear

Hey all,
Well i have just finished my trail exams and now comes the process of applying and getting preferences in.
I am currently in the process of applying to get in on early entry via the 'Princilpes Reccomendation', and i was wondering how rare are the chances of getting in? If there is anyone out there that has been accepted into CSU Bx via this could you please forward me any more relevant information that would be of great help.

I will be applying for the course Bachelor of Clinical Practice (paramedic) and also thinking of doing the double degree in Clinical Practice and Nursing at CSU Bx..

If there are ppl out there that are willing to provide any information reguarding this course, it would be a great help.

I am already half way there...

Thanks guys.
Sarah

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
Hey,
I am currently at bathurst doing a bachelor of primary ed.
I have heard that the paramedics course is really good, though in relation to doing it as a double degree with nursing, i am not 100% sure whether it makes it any better, as i have heard that because it means that ur doing half nursing subjects and half paramedics that u get left behind with the paramedics stuff ... hope that halps a little
Good luck
Tabbi

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
For principles rec, you need to live outside metro areas (Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong etc), last I checked anyway.

In regards to the degree, I'd reccommend doing either straight nursing or straight paramedics rather than the double degree. The double is a fairly new degree and is still working out it's problems and as such, subjects are all over the place and students doing it find themselves behind in both courses because they've missed out on certain subjects. (examples I've been giving is students struggling in CLS in 1st semester because they haven't don't FPS, or having trouble with some NRS subjects because BMS isn't constant etc). What I'd reccommend is doing the straight degree and then doing the 18 month 'add on' of the other course.

Personally I'd go with 3 years nursing (as it will guarentee you a job) and then doing the 18 month paramedic course following it, as you can work during that 1 1/2 years while studing, giving you a much better chance of gaining employment with a ambulance service. Simply doing the new grad program (The Illawarra offers one based soley around critical care) and then working in A & E/ED for the other 6 months would give you a perfect start. The paramedic course does not give you automatic entry into the service, you still need to go through all the same channels that all applicants go through, it just means you enter at a higher level.

If you'd prefer to do Paramedics first, you can add on nursing in the same fashion.

curly_red

HSC
Same!

I really wanna do either the paramedics course OR the double degree too!! :) Im not sure which one would be my first preference though? Great info WR, heaps of help mate!
Hey sar-bear, what have you got to put down as any work experience/volunteer work, etc on the questionnaire they send out?
Its a bit hard hey-i only figured out thats what i wanted to do like in yr 11 then only started to find out about all this St Johns and SES stuff they recommend, n its been so busy this year!
Anyone know when abouts they send out the questionairre?will i have time after the exams to join St Johns or something to put down on it?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
don't take the questionaire too seriously. I had a mate who didn't even return it and he got into paramedics.

junior04

I save lives
HSC
Hi guys,
I got in to the CSU course on early entry. I didn’t end up going there but the process wasn’t all that hard, get in touch with me and I'll track down my aplication if you want to see what sort of thing will work. I'm doing the equivalent degree at QUT in Brisbane, having a ball with it. I'd recomend it. Check out my other posts if you want some idea of what it’s all like, I did them a while ago but its more or less still current (also my contact details are there so u can ask me any qns directly if you want).

Luck with HSC and all, hang in there. Casey

BALLZ_87

HSC
Hello, im just about to complete my early entry and it would be very helpful if i could see junior04 application essay as i have no idea where to start on it, im still unsure on whether to to the double degree or to do both courses separately straight after each other

K

katie_tully

Nursing/Clinical Practice is my 6th preference at Bathurst. I doubt I'll get in as it's my sixth preference, hopefully I get Pharmacy or Nursing

junior04

I save lives
HSC
BALLZ_87 said:
Hello, im just about to complete my early entry and it would be very helpful if i could see junior04 application essay as i have no idea where to start on it, im still unsure on whether to to the double degree or to do both courses separately straight after each other
Hi, BALLZ. The moderator doesnt like it if i put my mobile details but heres my email: casey_lewis@hotmail.com. Get in touch with me if you want my aplication essay, you have email messaging blocked so I can't email to you directly. Casey

BALLZ_87

HSC
junior04 said:
Hi, BALLZ. The moderator doesnt like it if i put my mobile details but heres my email: casey_lewis@hotmail.com. Get in touch with me if you want my aplication essay, you have email messaging blocked so I can't email to you directly. Casey

hey yeh i wrote u an email but im not sure if it worked so just let me know, i have to have it done by next wednesday

junior04

I save lives
HSC
Hey,
I didn't recieve an email, sorry. Try again, or PM me your email address?
Casey

curly_red

HSC
Questionnaire

Hey everyone! i know this thread hasnt been posted 4 a while, but its worth a try.lol.
I got my questionnaire for the double degree and also the single degree last week, and im just wondering.....we gotta attach evidence of our courses studied in yr12, with the results we got. Do i just send a copy of my yr 12 semester 2 report-the trial HSC one? anyone done this application thing before? any help/handy hints ?? :)
Chow!

silvaside

HSC
I just sent mine off today! I put my trial results in...but i think either would do!!!:D

curly_red

HSC
Yay!!

I GOT IN!! OMG!! i got into paramedics at Bathurst!! :) Through the PREP. I was in fiji on schoolies and my dad somehow contacted me to tell me(he didnt wanna wait til i got home coz he thought i had to reply real quick or somethin). I got a letter from CSU sayin they've offered me a place. Im so excited!! Is pretty wierd coz i hadnt even sent off the "additional information" stuff yet. Im gonna wait til my UAI comes out n see if i get into QUT, HIGHLY DOUBTFUL though, coz i think id rather go there. But to me right now, lit ooks like im heading to CSU bathurst to study paramedics!!! :) cya's there hopefully!!

BALLZ_87

HSC
Hey so did i, did u get into the double degree or wat i got into the paramedics/nursing one, im heaps nervous bout makin friends lol, but anyway i hope u choose bathurst and ill hopefully c ya round

curly_red

HSC
CONGRATS!!! :) I got into the straight paramedics degree.That was my first preference. Yeah im a bit scared too hey, not knowing anyone down there, but im sure wel be right, theres so many ppl n all. :)

BALLZ_87

HSC
na yeh but this o week sounds like it will be mad, i thought it was gana be all formal stuff but its all partys so im happy, that way i can make friends, where r u from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)