Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accomodation at Wagga

HSC

Re: Accomodation at Wagga

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you can answer a quick question.
    What exactly are we suppose to bring if we are moving onto campus? I mean I know you would bring all your clothes and basic stuff such as cleaning stuff/toiletries/computers/music players, but apart from that is anything else aloud? Are we aloud to bring all stuff from home? For example books/DVDs/CDs/whatever other stuff we own.
    Or is the University going to give us a list on what we should bring and what we shouldn’t?
    Thanks (:

Cadet
    HSC

Hey Toasterbot. I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to bring DVDs etc. I have a few that I plan on bringing. The CSU website lists a few thing that you should bring, including:

Towels, soap and toiletries
    Desk lamp
    Iron
    Fan
    Laundry detergent and pegs
    Cooking utensils, pots/pans, crockery, cutlery, tea towels and washing up requirements (self catered only)
    Headphones (if bringing portable, hand-held stereo)

Additional furniture and blow heaters are not permitted.

So I guess that really means you can bring anything, as long as it's not large enough to be considered "furniture". I'm goning to try and keep it light.

Cadet
    HSC

Speaking of accommodation. The ballot comes out today at 5pm. Anyone waiting for the ballot? A lot of people here seem to be going to New Res. Results will be posted here Student Services - Supporting Student Life - Charles Sturt University

Cadet
    HSC

I also found some info on the Dining Hall and what meals are provided http://www.csu.edu.au/division/studs...WaggaWagga.pdf

HSC

Hey Newestkid, thanks for the information

I just checked the accomodation page and it looks like I'm going to be staying in Butler Hall's (unless I got my student I.D number wrong haha). Anyone else checked where they will be staying yet?

Cadet
    HSC

Nice. That's where I'm gonna be. What are you studying?

tigermilk

Wagga. Butler Hall's. Medical Imaging. Yeeeeee, wish I booked my flight earlier, I'm going to get to Room Allocation about an hour late due to that being the only available Syd>Wagga Wagga Qantas flight.

Would anyone know if that would be a problem? That is, my being late to Room Allocation?

HSC

I'm going to be studying Animation How about you?
    Also does anyone know if they have places to keep our cars? I don't know if I'll have my P's in time, but if I do my parents want me to take my car with me. So yeah is there anywhere on campus we keep them? Thanks.

Cadet
    HSC

TV Production. Same school I guess.

HSC

i got early early entry and have already got accomodation on campus in the cottages.
    i've visited CSU wagga twice, once had a friend show me around her cottage; they're lovely. You get your own room, bed, desk, mirror and mini fridge. you share with 8 other people, 4 to a bathroom (two hallways going down ither side of the house). There's a common living area with couches, dining table, ironing board and TV. The kitchen has a large common fridge and you also get individual lock-up cupboards for your pantry. There's decent air con and a cleaner will come in 3x a week.
    I think they're the best. my friend advised me that new res is pretty cramped (10 to a bathroom if you don't get an en suite) while all the catered areas (butler etc) are super old and crummy (they definitely looked it from the outside).

btw, help a bro out and vote for me at http://experience.csu.edu.au/entry/229019 ??? thanks mate.

HSC
    N/A

I have experience with accom for CSU in Wagga so ask away.
    Some updates (as at Dec 2013) so that students in 2014 will be aware.

a) the very popular and cheap University bus service is no more. In its place is the more expensive commercial transport provider.
    b) Wagga campus has a lot of accom but with the new bus service, the fare to town is much higher than what you may have heard from past posts or students.
    c) If there is accommodation available (still) on South Campus, this place is not on the main campus. It's at least 7 kilometres away.
    d) On campus accommodation is on the other side of a hill. A good 20-25 minute walk.
    e) Parking on campus is really tight despite heaps of open land and spaces. Park outside lines and security will issue you a ticket. Revenue raising activity.
    f) The mini-market on campus is really mini. So you will have to go into town anyway.

Better to stay off campus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information