On campus accommodation at CSU Wagga (1 Viewer)

shagz_04

Hi to everyone reading this thread,
i have just received my letter telling me i got early entry into a course at wagga. i am now looking at catered on campus accomm. could anyone please let me know ,in detail lol, about all the catered accom on campus at wagga please? i would like both pros and cons if thats ok?

thanks,
Shannon

kylie_robbo

I don't live on campus, but I have friends who do, so here are my observations...

Butler Buildings:

- Seem to be reasonably close-knit. Maybe I am friends with the REALLY social people.
- Small rooms. 2x single beds wide and 1.5-2 long. In that space there is a bed, a desk/bookcase unit, wardrobe. Under the bed there is drawers.
- They aren't air-conditioned. This may seem bad. But it is not. If it was air-conditioned, if one person got a cold, so would everyone else in the building.
- It can be quite noisey. Especially on the floor that we are on a Monday night. (A group of us met up every Monday night this year, and we weren't exactly quiet...)
- It is catered. The students seem to complain, but when I went to dining hall Sunday week ago for dinner, I thought it was fine. I had roast pork, gravy, veggies and salad, and then for dessert I had banana cake which had nutmeg on the top... Something wasn't quite right with the nutmeg - it tasted funny, and I was bouncing off the walls a couple of hours after...
- The common rooms (1 per block I think it is... A and C [the bigger blocks] may have 2... I'm not sure) have a fridge, sink, microwave, tv, vcr, a table and couches in them. Don't even think about watching anything other than Australian Idol or Kath & Kim if you happen to be in the same block as Eleanor.
- Four levels of rooms (two wings off each stair case) and two stories high.
- Bathrooms are shared, so make sure you bring a dressing gown...

Stewards:

I don't really know a whole lot about Stewards... They are single-level and air-conditioned. I haven't even been into the bathrooms... If you can, get a disabled room... They are HUGE compared to the Butler rooms... Don't know what they are like compared to the other Stewards rooms though.
Stewards would be really noisey on Wednesday-Saturday nights... They are right near the Tav.

Cottages:

Never been in one. I know that some are renovated, and they cost an extra $20ish a week.

East and Doman halls - I don't even know where they are located. I have a fair idea, but wouldn't be able to direct anyone there...

To me, Butler seems to be the best. That is where I have spent quite a bit of my time... There is already a waiting list for returning students for the Butler Buildings, but they always reserve quite a few rooms for first-years, and then they offer the remaining rooms to those that are on the waiting list. Two of my friends, Eleanor and Steve, have been accepted into Butler for next year (I am assuming Butler C... That's where they were this year) and Wayne is on the waiting list.

Apply for anything. On-campus accom. is quite sought after, particularly in semester 1.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
ive lived in Self Catered Cottages & Stewards.

Heres my observations, Cottages are pretty good. Get to meet 7 other people and make some new friends. Cons would be dodgy as walls. Seriously you can hear right through them, and for me who likes to have music & movies up loud late at night, people cut sick at ya. Other than that, its pretty good, you share a bathroom with 3 other people down your end. & then share a kitchen/lounge with everyone.

With stewards the walls are pretty thin as well, you can hear right through them if people are talking next door. The gaps underneath the doors are ridiculously large as well. Nobody sooked at me there though for the music. Stewards is like 20 rooms per block. Male & Female seperate bathrooms. 3 showers & 3 bathroom stalls per bathroom. The showers in the morning, if you get up about 9:30ish there will be no hot water. Which sucked majorly. Cleaning was tuesday i think this year, so the cleaners come in and vacuum so have ur floor tidy. You get bad mobile phone reception at stewards.

Theres a loungeroom as well per block, with a tv & fridge in it.

Breakfast in the dining hall starts at 7:30 til 10 i think, and is really good. If u can get up for it its wicked good. Egg's, pancakes, unlimited toast, bacon (sometimes), sausages, baked beans, orange juice.

Lunch you can get nice sandwhiches, with a big selection of meat, cheese, sauces.

Dinners are, well i didnt like them. Some of them are good. Schnitzels are good, lasagnya is good, spicy wraps are good. Dinner starts at 6 and the line gets pretty big. Dinners finished by about 7:30. Noone is there then.

other than that, i moved off campus cause i didnt like on campus.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
other catered accom is doman and west/east halls.
doman is a maze that smells and very old. i wouldnt live there in a million years.
west/east halls are old 2 storey things that are noisy as, they generally have bigger rooms.
if u have a good time live in butler
if u dont want a good time dont come to uni

shagz_04

Hey thanks everyone for the info. i think im gonna aply for accomm. in butler and stewards coz i have to go 'package one' and i dont think many of the others offer that. who of you lived in butler? whats it really like lol? someone told me that the toilets are outside. is that true????

kylie_robbo

Butler Buildings are built around verandahs... If you want to go to the loo in the middle of the night, you have to go out of your room, along the outside verandah and into the bathroom... If you live on the very bottom wing or the one above it in Butler C, you also have to go up (or down) a flight of stairs...

It really isn't as bad as it seems... There isn't a long way to walk outside, and if it is the middle of winter, you just run so you don't freeze...

As I said, Butler Buildings is a very social area of uni accom., and basically everyone who lives there enjoys it...

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i reckon butlers looks dodgy thats why i didnt apply there :D but your right that it is very social there. Theres always groups of people hangin around outside. Is Butlers air conditioned & heated, i cant remember?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
butlers ant airconed, i lived in butler for 2 years, the best two years of my life... tears

kylie_robbo

Yeah I'm looking forward to my friends coming back to town (heck they have only been gone a week) and moving back in... Even though I don't go to uni or live on campus, they always introduce various Butler people to me (usually Butler C) and yeah... I knew quite a few of the Butler C (and one or two of Butler B) ressies at the end of this year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)