very overwhelmed/confused (1 Viewer)

crofty

ok... well hopefully this is working coz its the first time ive posted (i think coz i created this when iw as doing my dreaded hsc last year!)

i have applied this year for csu in 2006 and there r so many things im not sure about... ive emailed csu tonnes of times already but i feel like im bugging them even though they are totally friendly and helpful so i was thinking maybe i could get some help/advice from here:

*i have applied for a b education(primary) on campus at bathurst as a non year 12 leaver.. i have done a bit of volunteer work throughout this year in a local primary school and am hoping this will help my application... i really desperately want to get in and am wondering if anyone thinks i have much of a chance of getting in... like is this course normally very full??

*also... ive already read numerous posts about accommodation but i was just wondering if people could give me opinions and info on the catered accommodation... coz ive heard so many different opinions and now im confused even more...

*theres so many other stupid little things i am confused/unimformed about such as internet access from rooms... do u have to pay??

*and washing of sheets and clothes and stuff.. i think ive established that you have to wash ur own clothes but if u bring ur own sheets and stuff do the uni sheet washer people wash those too??

umm well thats all i can thinkof for now... but no doubt there will be more...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
gemc said:
*i have applied for a b education(primary) on campus at bathurst as a non year 12 leaver.. i have done a bit of volunteer work throughout this year in a local primary school and am hoping this will help my application... i really desperately want to get in and am wondering if anyone thinks i have much of a chance of getting in... like is this course normally very full??
CSU does take into account previous work when considering applications - when you filled out your UAC application, theres a section on previous work. I'm not quite sure how it works - if your UAI was >70 you shouldn't have much of a problem anyway. The only thing I can think of is calling the Uni of that one.

*also... ive already read numerous posts about accommodation but i was just wondering if people could give me opinions and info on the catered accommodation... coz ive heard so many different opinions and now im confused even more...
Catered is ok...guess it comes down to do you mind cooking? Many people can save alot of money by going self catered - then at the same time, alot of people don't. If you don't mind camp-like food and aren't a fan of cooking, then catered is ok. Theres a big difference in the 'feel' of catered vs. self catered. MTG and diggins (self) are more laid back and have more of a community feel imo. Towers is one continual party so to go there, your success in Uni will depend on how much self control you have. JOV...has paper thin walls. I honestly don't know much about JOV, sorry. I lived at MTG and loved it - would recommend it.

*theres so many other stupid little things i am confused/unimformed about such as internet access from rooms... do u have to pay??
sadly, yes. And it builds up if you use it a fair bit. All rooms have net access, all rooms have to pay for it. all on campus rooms (so excluding MTG) also have phone lines, which you need to pay for as well. Some people on campus will use their home dial up internet accounts, but then you still need to have phone credit to use it...if that makes any sense.

*and washing of sheets and clothes and stuff.. i think ive established that you have to wash ur own clothes but if u bring ur own sheets and stuff do the uni sheet washer people wash those too??
I brought my own and washed my own - with Uni linen, they have new linen you trade for your old linen, so I doubt you'd get it back ;) You have to pay for washing aswell $1.60 for washing (industrial sized machines, mind you) and $2 for the dryer.

Good luck with it mate, feel free to ask anything else!

crofty

hey... thanks so much for that.... it was a great help....
it sucks coz i cant really cook so self catered wouldnt be all that good for me... but the thing ive heard about the towers and jov.... i just dont know...that sucks bout having to pay for the net... coz i use it all the time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)