Last Question of Section 1 (1 Viewer)

steven_hh

HSC
For the mars question, did anyone calculate gravitational acceleration on mars, and use this to find max velocity and hence maximum kinetic energy? Is this a correct method? I recall getting about 7.5J
Also for part b, did people talk about Lenz's law, and the break in the circuit which would prevent current flow and the mass would fall faster?

goofgafflaugh123

HSC
yes the answer is 7.5J and I talked about Lenz's Law as well as the resistance from the load (light bulb).

ThreeSciences

HSC
For the mars question, did anyone calculate gravitational acceleration on mars, and use this to find max velocity and hence maximum kinetic energy? Is this a correct method? I recall getting about 7.5J
Also for part b, did people talk about Lenz's law, and the break in the circuit which would prevent current flow and the mass would fall faster?
Gravitational potential energy --> kinetic energy --> electrical energy... you can just find the change in GPE. I got about 7.4J, but I think that might be wrong (I used the change from the radius of mars to 1m below the surface, when it should've done it from 1m above the surface down to the surface).

And yeah.

Last edited:

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
yes the answer is 7.5J and I talked about Lenz's Law as well as the resistance from the load (light bulb).
Gravitational potential energy --> kinetic energy --> electrical energy... you can just find the change in GPE. I got about 7.4J
I figured out the torque (t=Fd) and said it was equal to work done (W=Fs, s=d) which is equal to some energy (I forget). Got 7.5J or 7.4J as well.
Hopefully my BS pulls me through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)