Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gandalfbrah

Thread: Exam Thoughts

  1. #1
    Cadet FootballHooligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bay 23
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    2

    Exam Thoughts

    Does anyone have the paper?
    Fairly simple for the most part, the five marker for Core 1 threw me off completely, as it did the rest of my cohort

    But hey now I'm a free mannnnnnnn

  2. #2
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    what did u write for the anxiety one ??

  3. #3
    Cadet FootballHooligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bay 23
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by alexandraa View Post
    what did u write for the anxiety one ??
    Enhance motivation= Goal Setting + Visualisation
    Manage Anxiety= Mental Image + Relaxation Techniques

    Setting realistic goals motivates the athlete to perform well
    Visualizing successful performance motivates athlete
    Mental rehearsing movements repetitively helps manage the anxiety of the athlete as they are confident in ability
    Relaxation gets their mind off competition and therefore they can relax

  4. #4
    Retired '16 Speed6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,963
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    The paper was pretty good until I got to the Sports Medicine 12 marker. Was scratching my head on what else to waffle on to fill the pages up.

    Also, FootballHooligan, did you mention the syllabus keyword 'Concentration'?

  5. #5
    Member RyanT7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    looking through the multiple choice questions, I thought it wasn't as difficult as previous years
    3u Math
    3u English
    Chemistry
    PDHPE
    Business Studies

  6. #6
    Cadet FootballHooligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bay 23
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed6 View Post
    The paper was pretty good until I got to the Sports Medicine 12 marker. Was scratching my head on what else to waffle on to fill the pages up.

    Also, FootballHooligan, did you mention the syllabus keyword 'Concentration'?
    Ahhhhhhhh shhhh.....

  7. #7
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Yeah i agree, MC was fairly easy, according to the ATAR notes MC answers i got 18/20, which is amazing since im only aiming for a 85-87 in PD. What do you guys think the cut off will be? Hopefully it stays about the same as previous years

  8. #8
    Member RyanT7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by EMKsquared View Post
    Yeah i agree, MC was fairly easy, according to the ATAR notes MC answers i got 18/20, which is amazing since im only aiming for a 85-87 in PD. What do you guys think the cut off will be? Hopefully it stays about the same as previous years
    It should be hovering around 83-85
    3u Math
    3u English
    Chemistry
    PDHPE
    Business Studies

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Sanctuary Hotel
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    anyone have mcq answers
    2016 ATAR - 99.05

    Mathematics Extension 2 - 91
    Mathematics Extension 1 - 95
    English Advanced - 92
    Personal Development, Health and Physical Education - 95
    Chemistry - 89


    Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) USYD - Class of 2021

  10. #10
    Member RyanT7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    1. B
    2. D
    3. C
    4. B
    5. C
    6. A
    7. D
    8. A
    9. B
    10. C
    11. D
    12. A
    13. C
    14. A
    15. D
    16. B
    17. C
    18. A
    19. D
    20. A
    3u Math
    3u English
    Chemistry
    PDHPE
    Business Studies

  11. #11
    Retired '16 Speed6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,963
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanT7 View Post
    1. B
    2. D
    3. C
    4. B
    5. C
    6. A
    7. D
    8. A
    9. B
    10. C
    11. D
    12. A
    13. C
    14. A
    15. D
    16. B
    17. C
    18. A
    19. D
    20. A
    I agree with those answers

  12. #12
    Retired '16 Speed6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,963
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    What did you guys talk about with the alternative and complementary medicine differences question?

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Sanctuary Hotel
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed6 View Post
    What did you guys talk about with the alternative and complementary medicine differences question?
    Alternative medicine is a diversion in medical approach to traditional medicine in which is influeced through varying preferences of the consumer in terms of natural medicine and non chemical approach. These include naturopathy homeopathy and aromatherapy. Conversely, complementar medicine is allied alongside traditional medicine in which treatmenets supplement the traditional treatments offered by medicsl doctors. Examples include physiotheraphy chirppractic and podiatry.
    Speed6 likes this.
    2016 ATAR - 99.05

    Mathematics Extension 2 - 91
    Mathematics Extension 1 - 95
    English Advanced - 92
    Personal Development, Health and Physical Education - 95
    Chemistry - 89


    Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) USYD - Class of 2021

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Sanctuary Hotel
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Tbh 96+ raw inc
    2016 ATAR - 99.05

    Mathematics Extension 2 - 91
    Mathematics Extension 1 - 95
    English Advanced - 92
    Personal Development, Health and Physical Education - 95
    Chemistry - 89


    Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) USYD - Class of 2021

  15. #15
    Hi Φ Green Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    I just checked..the Sport Medicine questions are piss easy..straight out of the syllabus..even the verbs weren't changed.
    HSC 2017: 95.05 | School DUX

    Offering Biology Tutoring (93 HSC MARK) PM ME for details

    WSU Class of 2021
    B Physiotherapy

  16. #16
    Retired '16 Speed6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,963
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rathin View Post
    I just checked..the Sport Medicine questions are piss easy..straight out of the syllabus..even the verbs weren't changed.
    Bitch please Rathin, say this when you are actually doing the HSC exam in around a years time.

    The first part of the question was fairly easy.

    The second part of the question (12 marker) was also fairly-moderately easy to a certain extent. However, with the amount of writing that you needed to do to fill up the pages was a bit ridiculous. Quality>Quantity, but quantity is quality in itself as hawkrider would say.

  17. #17
    Hi Φ Green Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Exam Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed6 View Post
    Bitch please Rathin, say this when you are actually doing the HSC exam in around a years time.

    The first part of the question was fairly easy.

    The second part of the question (12 marker) was also fairly-moderately easy to a certain extent. However, with the amount of writing that you needed to do to fill up the pages was a bit ridiculous. Quality>Quantity, but quantity is quality in itself as hawkrider would say.
    That came out a bit cocky, I am sorry.
    Personally as I have only done Sport Medicine topic, I really preferred the questions this year as to me it didn't come as a surprise..just two dot points from students learn to column that if someone has made detailed notes or memorised the content..it would not pose a great challenge.
    HSC 2017: 95.05 | School DUX

    Offering Biology Tutoring (93 HSC MARK) PM ME for details

    WSU Class of 2021
    B Physiotherapy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •