Thread: What happens to my peers assessment mark if a discrepancy is found in my exam mark?

Cadet
    HSC

What happens to my peers assessment mark if a discrepancy is found in my exam mark?

I was just wondering what would happen if I asked for a remark on my English test and I gained extra marks. What would happen to the assessment mark of my peers? Also would that mean my atar changes and possibly everyone else in the grade?

Thanks!

Cadet
    HSC

Re: What happens to my peers assessment mark if a discrepancy is found in my exam mar

Great question. I would like to know the answer to this.

I do know that if your remark resulted in a higher mark your ATAR can change (provided the extra mark(s) would push you up to the next 0.05).
    James Ruse Class of 2016 | 99.85 ATAR | Economics (98) 2nd in NSW | Biology (97) 8th in NSW | Mathematics (97) | Physics (95) | English Adv (94) |

Selling Premium Economics NOTES ($5) AND ESSAY PLANS (FREE SAMPLES and STATE-RANKING RESOURCES in thread)

I offer $30/h HSC economics tutoring!

HSC tutoring sign-up

A1P
    HSC

Re: What happens to my peers assessment mark if a discrepancy is found in my exam mar

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYLin View Post
    Great question. I would like to know the answer to this.
    If the re-mark gains say 4 marks and your cohort has 40 students, assessment marks would be raised on average 4/40= 0.1 mark each. I don't know if BOSTES would bother adjusting for everyone.

Your HSC mark would increase 2 marks. It changes a little after scaling but ignoring that, it raises your ATAR by +0.50 if you are around 70.0 or 0.20 around 95.0

Thread Information