I failed English (share your experiences) (1 Viewer)

-selsebil-

HSC
So just like my trials I failed English. Now I'm not one of those people who say I failed and I end up getting 70-80%. No I mean 30-40%. No matter how much I study I go blank and lose track of time and just find it hard to write. I didn't finish any question except the two marker. I finished half my essay (didn't do the related or conclusion) :( and I only finished half of my creative, both of which I studied and prepared well for. Honestly overall for paper 1 I probably got at most 45% (I'm great at guessing my results). At least paper 2 was better I finished everything...sorta but I still went blank in parts of my essay. I feel like shit, In assignments I would get 75-85% I'm ranked in the top 10 but idk what's going to happen now.

Well anyway that's my hsc experience so far... how'd you guys go? share your experiences

zeee1999

HSC
So just like my trials I failed English. Now I'm not one of those people who say I failed and I end up getting 70-80%. No I mean 30-40%. No matter how much I study I go blank and lose track of time and just find it hard to write. I didn't finish any question except the two marker. I finished half my essay (didn't do the related or conclusion) :( and I only finished half of my creative, both of which I studied and prepared well for. Honestly overall for paper 1 I probably got at most 45% (I'm great at guessing my results). At least paper 2 was better I finished everything...sorta but I still went blank in parts of my essay. I feel like shit, In assignments I would get 75-85% I'm ranked in the top 10 but idk what's going to happen now.

Well anyway that's my hsc experience so far... how'd you guys go? share your experiences
tbh this was me after paper one , this entire year in advanced ive gotten 90+ with my lowest mark being 85 at trials , the night before paper two my mind went so blank and i couldnt remember anything , paper one made me feel like crap even tho it was so easy. I am not 100% confident in paper two but like you i feel a little better about it even tho my mod C essay was horrendus and my goal of a band 6 exploded like all the mango jokes. Just think about it this way, its done we cant do anything about it , just feel good that you never have to endure the joke that is HSC english again

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey OP, just remember it is over and we look towards the future, not always in the past. It is done and dusted and one or two exams don't define you or your future. There are still quite a few exams left-try your best in those ones and be proud of how far you have come and the fact you probably will never need to do HSC English again in your life :)

Don't be too self-deprecating of yourself, everyone shines in different ways (serious), just because you don't do well in one subject doesn't mean you can't do well in others, or if you don't do well in studies now, you can never do well in your studies. Keep positive and keep fighting <3

Orwell

HSC
I heard people tend to overly scrutinise themselves on their performance but end up doing better than expected.

Is this true?

Snowflek

HSC
I heard people tend to overly scrutinise themselves on their performance but end up doing better than expected.

Is this true?
Yes it's true. Especially for the HSC, because the markers are on OUR side. They will try to give us as much marks as possible. So we generally do better than what we expect.

Dilara98

HSC
N/A
Yes it's true. Especially for the HSC, because the markers are on OUR side. They will try to give us as much marks as possible. So we generally do better than what we expect.
Man I hope so. Senior science didn't go as planned. Hopefully markers are as lenient as everyone says.

Snowflek

HSC
Man I hope so. Senior science didn't go as planned. Hopefully markers are as lenient as everyone says.
I'm referring more towards essay based subjects as they don't have a definite answer. Subjects such as the sciences/maths usually only have 1 definite answer (however answers in e.g bio, can have more than 1 to), but they still do try and see if they are able to give you the mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)