Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Roll Call: Class of 2018

HSC

Re: Roll Call: Class of 2018

Hey everyone!
    I’m currently studying Advanced English, 3u and 4u maths, Chem, bio, modern history and legal studies (thinking about dropping legal as I don’t find the subject interesting. Would it be wise too?)
    I’m also practicing for the UMAT as I will like to get into medicine in either usyd or unsw
    The yr will be stressful but hopefully all will pay off 😊
    Also goodluck to everyone 🙂🙂
    supR likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by I-love-books View Post
    Hey everyone!
    I’m currently studying Advanced English, 3u and 4u maths, Chem, bio, modern history and legal studies (thinking about dropping legal as I don’t find the subject interesting. Would it be wise too?)
    I’m also practicing for the UMAT as I will like to get into medicine in either usyd or unsw
    The yr will be stressful but hopefully all will pay off
    Also goodluck to everyone
    Hey I-love-books, great you have you along for the ride!

You are currently doing 12 units, so dropping legal will free up some time to focus on your remaining 10. If you are not interested in legal, them it will be hard to study it with sustained effort, so it may be in your best interest to drop. However, if you feel that a safety net of 2 units would be beneficial, then by all means keeps it

P.S. nice to see another 4u student!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry - Economics

ATAR GOAL: 98.00+

UNIVERSITY GOAL: UNSW - Bachelor of Advanced Science / Bachelor of Engineering

Cadet
    HSC

Hey, a bit late to this thread, but better late than never haha! I'm Enoria, and I'm taking on 11 units into the HSC—Advanced English; English Extension 1; Mathematics; Legal Studies; Economics; and Multimedia. I'm seriously considering dropping to General maths because my marks atm are seriously nowhere near what I need and it will almost inevitably pull my ATAR down because I have absolutely zero motivation to improve. I'm actually pretty good at maths, so I'm almost certain that dropping to general would ensure 80-90s. It's just I literally can't bring myself to make the effort to even try to do maths as homework. I literally love all my other subjects, so I do extra in them in order to avoid maths. But I know I have potential in mathematics so idk. I got high 80s-90s in everything except for maths where I got 40 in my prelims hahaha, so I suppose that speaks for itself. I want to do a Bachelor of Politics & International Relations at UNSW/USYD, but the ATAR minimum is 95—which I almost definitely won't get the way I'm doing things atm. Anyways, I'm nervous for my upcoming assessments because fuck, there's no reassurance of it "not counting" because everything CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR ATAR FROM NOW ON, even if it's in the tiniest way. Good luck everyone!

Preliminary 2017; Advanced English | English Extension 1 | Mathematics | Legal Studies | Economics | Biology | Multimedia
    ATAR Aim; 95

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenoria View Post
    Hey, a bit late to this thread, but better late than never haha! I'm Enoria, and I'm taking on 11 units into the HSC—Advanced English; English Extension 1; Mathematics; Legal Studies; Economics; and Multimedia. I'm seriously considering dropping to General maths because my marks atm are seriously nowhere near what I need and it will almost inevitably pull my ATAR down because I have absolutely zero motivation to improve. I'm actually pretty good at maths, so I'm almost certain that dropping to general would ensure 80-90s. It's just I literally can't bring myself to make the effort to even try to do maths as homework. I literally love all my other subjects, so I do extra in them in order to avoid maths. But I know I have potential in mathematics so idk. I got high 80s-90s in everything except for maths where I got 40 in my prelims hahaha, so I suppose that speaks for itself. I want to do a Bachelor of Politics & International Relations at UNSW/USYD, but the ATAR minimum is 95—which I almost definitely won't get the way I'm doing things atm. Anyways, I'm nervous for my upcoming assessments because fuck, there's no reassurance of it "not counting" because everything CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR ATAR FROM NOW ON, even if it's in the tiniest way. Good luck everyone!

Dw everyone stuffs up an assessment
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

HSC

helloo everyone i'm Faye
    im currently doing English Adv, legal, biology, society & culture, cafs and retail

although i really want to drop either cafs or retail

good luck to everyone doing SAC choosing a topic is insanely hard

i want to either study commerce/law at UNSW or criminal justice & criminology/ law at unsw
    already completed the LAT so theres no going back
    Last edited by fayeaj; 22 Oct 2017 at 6:13 PM.
    supR likes this.

HSC

Smile Re: Roll Call: Class of 2018

Hey I'm 99IQ

I'm studying English adv, 3u Maths, SOR 1, Italian, Italian ext and Biology
    Hoping my atar will be high enough for whatever I decide to study, I did want to study medicine but then wanted to study business and now I don't know . Maybe pharmacy?

In bocca al lupo to everyone
    supR and surviving like this.

HSC

Hey I'm jjjcjjj892

Currently doing: Adv. Eng, SOR 1, Software Design and Development, Physics, 3 unit and 4 unit math. Just finished my accelerated 2 unit math course with the HSC yesterday Only have 5+ weeks to wait to see how I went...

Hopefully I achieve an ATAR of 90+, really looking to do a computer science or an astrophysics course at UNSW. Gotta love SDD, by far my favourite subject, currently sitting ranked 1 with 90+ average through prelims, so hopefully that pulls through in the HSC .

Executive Member
    HSC

Nice to see some new people here

Wanted to say to you guys that don't think too much about what you want to do at university, because your desires and interests are going to change over time (99% of people change) But keep an open mind and explore other things you might not even consider. Good luck!

PS. If you want to get into Acct/Finance, start preparing early for EC's and leadership roles for cadetships
    pikachu975 likes this.

HSC

Also make sure to try do some activities to add to scholarships such as volunteering, as well as don't be too worried about your course now unless it's medicine or law in that case sign up for UMAT/LAT in time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HSC
    N/A

Hi everyone!

I'm currently doing stan english, adv maths, chemistry, business and sor1
    Atar goal is 86% and have been looking at UNSW or Monash Uni.

I'm still so confused on what do after school!!
    Looking forward to working with you's all.

Btw with the subjects I'm taking do you think I can get into medical science?

HSC

Hey guys, I'm Chloe!

My subjects are: adv maths, adv english, chemistry, biology, pdhpe and legal studies.

I'm dreaming of an atar 90+
    I'd love to get into something along the lines of health and medicine at UQ.
    So that's the goal. I'm currently on top of all my work at this moment, hoping the effort I put in pays off!
    supR and surviving like this.

HSC

Hi, I am Jasmine.

Subjects:
    - standard english
    - cafs
    - pdhpe
    - general math
    - senior science
    - catholic studies

Goal:
    80+
    supR and highshill like this.

HSC

Hiii everyone

Jeez come of a bit excited for HSC totally freaking out but I'm surviving or Breezy they call me.

I'm at the moment doing 12 units and possibly doing the risky drop to 10 units
    I'm doing SOR 1, Adv English, Mathematics, Extension Maths, Biology and PDHPE with Chemistry that I'm considering? whatcha guys think?!

And tbh this website has saved my ass in my preliminaries

My goals lol just surviving it so far I'd love to do Occupational Therapy or Health Science along those lines and eventually move to Canada one day
    supR likes this.

HSC

Hey cocoyammara, clo5429, jasmineerrosee and surviving!

Hope your HSC is going well so far! Best of luck to all in the coming weeks, terms and rest of 2017/18

HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry - Economics

ATAR GOAL: 98.00+

UNIVERSITY GOAL: UNSW - Bachelor of Advanced Science / Bachelor of Engineering

HSC

Hello hello hello!
    My name is Britney and my subjects are 4U English, Ex. History, Modern History, General Maths and Biology. I dropped Chemistry and Physics. I'm a professional procrastinator and I feared having 15 units would have caught up with my brilliant talents. I'll kill myself under the weight of essays instead of inhaling chemicals or getting an electric shock.

No idea about my possible ATAR. I don't care much for playing the HSC chess game. I mean, I do care, but I'm not going to collapse into a puddle of my own salty tears if I get under 90 on an assessment. As long as I did my best, and all of that feel good happy nonsense scheisse. For my future, I am so leaving this country, period.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by planetblue View Post
    Hello hello hello!
    My name is Britney and my subjects are 4U English, Ex. History, Modern History, General Maths and Biology. I dropped Chemistry and Physics. I'm a professional procrastinator and I feared having 15 units would have caught up with my brilliant talents. I'll kill myself under the weight of essays instead of inhaling chemicals or getting an electric shock.

No idea about my possible ATAR. I don't care much for playing the HSC chess game. I mean, I do care, but I'm not going to collapse into a puddle of my own salty tears if I get under 90 on an assessment. As long as I did my best, and all of that feel good happy nonsense scheisse. For my future, I am so leaving this country, period.
    Nice to meet you Britney and welcome
    planetblue likes this.
    Preliminary 2017 || English Advanced - Economics - Ancient History - Biology - Visual Arts - General Maths - Studies of Religion 1:

HSC 2018 || English Standard - Ancient History - Biology - Visual Arts - General Maths - Studies of Religion 1

ATAR AIM: 92+

HSC

Hi Everyone!
    Im Ashleigh!

the subjects im doing are Society and Culture, Community and Family Studies, Biology, Drama, Music and Advanced English

My goals are to go to Wollongong university with a ATAR of 70+ do study nurseing

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    laura-jayne14 and supR like this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ashleighmd View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    Im Ashleigh!

the subjects im doing are Society and Culture, Community and Family Studies, Biology, Drama, Music and Advanced English

My goals are to go to Wollongong university with a ATAR of 70+ do study nurseing

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    You're lucky

I wish I could do Society and Culture. But they don't offer it at my school

Anyways, welcome Ashleigh
    Last edited by PikyoK; 2 Nov 2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Preliminary 2017 || English Advanced - Economics - Ancient History - Biology - Visual Arts - General Maths - Studies of Religion 1:

HSC 2018 || English Standard - Ancient History - Biology - Visual Arts - General Maths - Studies of Religion 1

ATAR AIM: 92+

HSC

Sup Guys!!
    I'm Mina.
    This year I will be doing the Physics HSC.
    The subjects I'm planning to keep till year 12 are: Advanced E, Maths Extension 1&2, Chemistry and Physics.
    Good luck!!
    highshill likes this.

Year 10: All other random subjects!!
    Prelim: Physics (Accelerated)
    HSC: Maths Extension 1, Maths Extension 2 (Accelerated)

Prelim: English, Chemistry and Business
    HSC: Physics (Accelerated)

HSC: English, Chemistry

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Robrules3 View Post
    Helloooo,
    My subjects are PDHPE (via distance ed, clashes with physics), IPT, business studies, physics, mathematics and adv english
    Funnily enough, pdhpe is actually my best subject despite self teaching.

I don't really have an atar aim yet since I don't know what course I want to get into, obviously I wanna get highest possible (realistically low 90's for me? lol)

Good luck everyone!!
    I actually found year 12 PDHPE easier than year 11 lmao. Although has heavy content, it's pretty much a breeze. Good luck tho!
    Last edited by sabbabbby; 6 Nov 2017 at 3:41 PM.
    neurophysiology

2017’ HSC alumnus

2018 UWS Med. Science Student (CBT)

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by MinaSaw View Post
    Sup Guys!!
    I'm Mina.
    This year I will be doing the Physics HSC.
    The subjects I'm planning to keep till year 12 are: Advanced E, Maths Extension 1&2, Chemistry and Physics.
    Good luck!!
    Wow, thanks alot Mina, good luck to you too for you HSC in 2019
    Year 11 (2017):
    English Advanced // Mathematics // Physics // Biology // Chemistry // Ancient History
    Year 12 (late 2017-2018)
    English Advanced // Mathematics // Physics // Biology// Ancient History

HSC

Haha can't be bothered to like everypost so here's a like to everyone who posts on this thread or posted on this thread before
    supR likes this.
    Year 11 (2017):
    English Advanced // Mathematics // Physics // Biology // Chemistry // Ancient History
    Year 12 (late 2017-2018)
    English Advanced // Mathematics // Physics // Biology// Ancient History

HSC

my subjects are listed in my signature below.

aiming to get into sydney uni, not sure about what course though. my parents don't want me to go to usyd though...
    preliminary 2017:
    ancient history // business studies // english advanced // french continuers // legal studies // mathematics

hsc 2018:
    ancient history // business studies // english advanced // french continuers // general mathematics // history extension

atar goal: 92

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Flop55 View Post
    my subjects are listed in my signature below.

aiming to get into sydney uni, not sure about what course though. my parents don't want me to go to usyd though...
    Why not usyd?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    Why not usyd?
    Pretentious peeps
    neurophysiology

2017’ HSC alumnus

2018 UWS Med. Science Student (CBT)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast