How hard is it to get an ATAR of 80 or above? (1 Viewer)

twinklyten

HSC
I've got 2U Maths (A), Adv. English (A), Physics (B), Chemistry (B), Modern History (A-B) and Society and Culture (A-B).
My ranking varies from 10 to 20.

Papercutter

HSC
School grades (e.g. A's, B's.. or %'s) do not really matter as much as your ranks do (since each school sets and marks their exams differently).

Also it is a bit early to really estimate where you'll land in terms of your ATAR at this point in time, because you've only done the first lot of assessment tasks. Ranks can and likely will change significantly as you progress through the HSC next year, so perhaps wait until your first report (after halfyearlies) comes out?

Your school and where it ranks is also an important factor since your cohort will also influence your HSC results.

Generally speaking though, 80+ is quite manageable and achievable, provided you put consistent effort and work.

D94

HSC
N/A
Are you an above average student or below average student? Whichever you believe you are, how do you actually know you're that? What are you basing that off?

lazzzy

HSC
With those subjects. If you are at least average... (provided you are at an average school), 80+ should be quite easy, assuming you put in the work.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say if you put in the effort you should be able to get an 80+ given your preliminary marks at a decently ranked school.

horse9996

HSC
If you put the effort in throughout the year and work consistently, 80+ is quote achieveable, especially since you have relatively high scaling subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)