Need help understanding the UMAT Scoring. (1 Viewer)

Needhelp102

HSC
Hey guys,

I have recently bought one of the Umat packs from someone on this forum and started to practice for Umat in 2018.

I have a few question; it would be helpful if you guys could answer them.

1. I see that people always say they got Umat score like, "Section 1 - 61, Section 2 - 65...". What is that 61 or 65 out of? Is it out of hundred?

2. I have been told to get good at section 2 and 3 first. This is because section 1 question will take a bit of time and so if I get good at the other questions it will give me extra time for section 1 question. Does this sound right? Also, I have heard that section 2 is difficult to improve on. Time worries me a bit because I have done a few practice drills and I am only getting 13/20 and all. Am I really bad?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys,

I have recently bought one of the Umat packs from someone on this forum and started to practice for Umat in 2018.

I have a few question; it would be helpful if you guys could answer them.

1. I see that people always say they got Umat score like, "Section 1 - 61, Section 2 - 65...". What is that 61 or 65 out of? Is it out of hundred?

2. I have been told to get good at section 2 and 3 first. This is because section 1 question will take a bit of time and so if I get good at the other questions it will give me extra time for section 1 question. Does this sound right? Also, I have heard that section 2 is difficult to improve on. Time worries me a bit because I have done a few practice drills and I am only getting 13/20 and all. Am I really bad?
1) 61 means 61 percentile for that section

2) Section 2 is hit or miss you can either do great or do badly so enhance your vocab for this. On the day you can do bad or great in this section where I did bad on the day which sucks. Also section 1 was easier than the medentry drills and was somehow my best section on the day where it was usually my worst. Section 3 just learn the tactics and tips and apply them so you can apply them quicker. For section 1 try read faster and practice comprehension.

Needhelp102

HSC
1) 61 means 61 percentile for that section

2) Section 2 is hit or miss you can either do great or do badly so enhance your vocab for this. On the day you can do bad or great in this section where I did bad on the day which sucks. Also section 1 was easier than the medentry drills and was somehow my best section on the day where it was usually my worst. Section 3 just learn the tactics and tips and apply them so you can apply them quicker. For section 1 try read faster and practice comprehension.
Thanks man.

Also, i am planning on getting in Adelaide Uni, what do u think is a over all Umat good percentile i need for that. and also where di u leanr the tactics and tips for section 3.

captainneuro

HSC
Also, i am planning on getting in Adelaide Uni, what do u think is a over all Umat good percentile i need for that.
Remember only 20% of selection is on umat, therefore on top you’ll need a cracker atar for Adelaide to get interviews (in which is weighed 40%, so 80% based off atar + interview). Anyway recent years, the overall umat percentile for interview selection was around 86 to have a decent shot there.

Last edited:

aoc

HSC
section 1 61 doesnt necessarily mean percentile, each section is out of 100, so for example getting a 61 in section 1 would equate to a 88ish percentile for section 1. This is regarding the scoring for the actual umat, but as pickachu said for umat practice courses like medentry they usually refer to percentiles.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
section 1 61 doesnt necessarily mean percentile, each section is out of 100, so for example getting a 61 in section 1 would equate to a 88ish percentile for section 1. This is regarding the scoring for the actual umat, but as pickachu said for umat practice courses like medentry they usually refer to percentiles.
Oh lol yeah forgot how it works tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)