Should I repeat year 11 all over again and graduate in 2019? (1 Viewer)

clovvy

HSC
Year 11 is not the best year for me as I get anxious a lot and it effects my results.... I never passed any of my ext 1 maths assessments then and I failed a lot of my subjects (I did advanced english, 3U maths, them, physics, engineering, and modern).. in year 12 I did 4U maths, standard english, them and physics.... I came from a school that is ranked 400+ and part of the reason why I did 4U maths was "no one is taking it".. there is only 2 people taking the course including myself and only 5 people taking 3U maths (2 are 4U students).. I only got 60% on my 3U assessment (which only weigh 10%) and I have failed 4U and english standard by a few points and I might've failed chem by a few points which worth 20%.. I still have physics which worth 20% and I am already stressing to the point that I actually fell ill due to disruption of my digestive systems... My ATAR goal is 98 and judging from the rate that I am going now I am not getting that ATAR, I personally think that I am nowhere ready for the HSC at this point.. the question is should I repeat year 11 next year to 'start fresh'? (I am aware of social and emotional impacts and all that, I am wasting 1 year of my life etc but should I repeat at this point?)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If you have more than 10 units drop something

If you don't, drop out, complete the HSC at tafe and actually take subject levels you can do

clovvy

HSC
I only have 10 units now, I am planning to redo all of my subjects again except for modern and engineering and take ext english in year 11 since I never give it a shot

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I think it is a better idea to complete the HSC at tafe. Why would you want to take on ext english when you dropped from adv to standard and did not pass. Why would you re-do all those subjects when you are barely passing any of them.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If you are so stressed out that you are failing that you are getting sick it's not worth it

Neil_

HSC
^^

Yeah man, try not to let the stress get to you too much. You should repeat, and pick your strong subjects! Best of luck.

clovvy

HSC
If I choose to complete my HSC in 2018 through TAFE, does that mean my results will be 'reset'

Babykbk

HSC
N/A
If I choose to complete my HSC in 2018 through TAFE, does that mean my results will be 'reset'
Yes I think so. GL and mabye get a tutor to help you if you can. It's ok don't be too stressed, HSC is a tiny portion of life.

clovvy

HSC
My biggest worry atm is physics... Chemistry at most I might 'barely pass' and it weighs 20%... english and maths I could still recover from since it only worth 10%... however Physics can br a huge letdown as it weighs 20% and I knew as I left the exam I bombed it badly because I get extremely nervous in the exam.... assume 20% loss, the most I could get is a low band 5 or high band 4 for internal marks in physics and my rank is badly hurt in this case (that if I get 100% in the nest 3 assessments or high 90%)... My position is terrible for a 90-95+ ATAR and my goal is a 98 which really sucks.... My year adviser advised me against repeating and instead take a pathway where I could do the hsc for more than a year by splitting my subjects... however the syllabus for chemistry and physics is changing and there is not enough resources for those.... I don't know how to move to TAFE and I heard that it is not subsidised by the government...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Go to TAFE it is a clean slate. You still get an ATAR, and you can still go to uni.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
tbh idk why you would want to repeat when there's going to be a new syllabus in 2019, in fact I dont think you can repeat bc you haven't met the preliminary requirements

and if you don't get into your desired uni course then dw, just do a transfer into your desired course by semester 2 2019. Im sure there would be hundreds (if not thousands) of students in uni transferring courses and trying to figure out what works best for them

clovvy

HSC
Go to TAFE it is a clean slate. You still get an ATAR, and you can still go to uni.
I really would like to do that but my parents disagreed as they wanted me to 'interact with my peers' and in TAFE everyone is an adult and it won't help me grow socialwise.. this is highly irritating for me... which means I am stuck with my current position and my year adviser strongly advised me not to repeat (social reasons)... I don't know how to convince my parents

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I really would like to do that but my parents disagreed as they wanted me to 'interact with my peers' and in TAFE everyone is an adult and it won't help me grow socialwise.. this is highly irritating for me... which means I am stuck with my current position and my year adviser strongly advised me not to repeat (social reasons)... I don't know how to convince my parents
Not true
Alright you have 2 options

You can try explaining to them that repeating at school and being with people less than ur age will have more of a social impact than being with people of your age or a yr or 2 older at TAFE.

Or you can go through with the HSC, work your ass off, not get your desired ATAR, but still go to uni as long as you have an OK ATAR (>40) & transfer to your course.

Those are the 2 options I recommend, don't repeat the HSC at school.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Not true
Alright you have 2 options

You can try explaining to them that repeating at school and being with people less than ur age will have more of a social impact than being with people of your age or a yr or 2 older at TAFE.

Or you can go through with the HSC, work your ass off, not get your desired ATAR, but still go to uni as long as you have an OK ATAR (>40) & transfer to your course.

Those are the 2 options I recommend, don't repeat the HSC at school.
Honestly I would agree with this statement above

I'm pretty sure I said this but no one cares about your HSC once you reach uni

Also even if you get a super shit ATAR (like mystery mark) you can still get into uni. It's called "Open universities Australia" where you do uni online (and you can overload in first year if you want). Do that for a semester and ask about using those credits to transfer into your desired tertiary institution. I have a mate who's doing it

clovvy

HSC
I decided to suck it up and continue anyway... the results I get (though not impressed) are at least not as bad as anticipated... I still have a room to get a band 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)