Band 6 (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Hey guys,

How do you get Band 6s? Is it your HSC exam mark over 90 or its your HSC exam mark averaged with your school assessment mark? I'm confused

captainneuro

HSC
Average between the two - internals (school assessments/exams) and external (hsc exam mark)

Simple terms - Say your overall avg internal was 88 for bio and your external for bio was 92. Your overall hsc mark for bio would then be average between the two, which would be 90 - correlating to band 6.

Last edited:

studygirl118

HSC
Haha thanks, I understand that, I just don't understand how they get your internal mark, it's all moderated and stuff. Does that mean others at your school could affect your chances of getting a Band 6?

captainneuro

HSC
Does that mean others at your school could affect your chances of getting a Band 6?
Depends on your rank. If you're in the middle of the cohort, you may even get dragged down (therefore affect your chances of attaining a particular band) however if you're first, no one affects your marks or anything, you will not get dragged down or up. First place person's band/mark is based purely off how they go in their exams. Moral is come first in your subs to have the best chance of getting the band 6 lol

Jakulore

HSC
Thank you! Just gotta try and get a good rank :)
Yup! Basically, you just get your HSC exam mark, and then a mark that correllates to your band, though is likely/should be closer to your exam mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)