Confusion over HSC (1 Viewer)

TravexanderHamilton

HSC
I have 11 units, and am fairly certain one of my 2-unit subjects will be my worst performing subject. My question then, and subsequent confusion is from the possibility of 'splitting units' to form the 10-unit ATAR score. Can this be done or is one of my extension subjects essentially useless? Tia

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You extension subject will be counted as one unit worth of your ATAR, if you perform better in it then another subject.

An important thing to note is 2 unit of English is always counted in your HSC ATAR.

TravexanderHamilton

HSC
I understand that, but if my top 9 units were a mix of 2-unit and 1-unit subjects and there was only 1 non-English 2-unit subject remaining that I scored worst in. Would just one unit of that subject go towards my ATAR or would one of my better scoring 1-unit subjects essentially be discounted, to make room for the lower-scoring 2-unit subject? Sorry this is so convoluted.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah only one unit of the non-english subject that you performed the worse in would count.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Your better scoring one unit subject will not be discounted.

TravexanderHamilton

HSC
Your better scoring one unit subject will not be discounted.
Thank you for the info, have been wondering this for ages and no one could give me an answer. Just out of interest, would you know how exactly a 2-unit subject would be 'split'? Would the overall mark from the 2-unit just count as one unit?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for the info, have been wondering this for ages and no one could give me an answer. Just out of interest, would you know how exactly a 2-unit subject would be 'split'? Would the overall mark from the 2-unit just count as one unit?
The mark would be converted into a number of scaling points into a single unit worth contributing to your ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)