Tips for holiday studying? (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Business studies do past papers (short answers) and send them to the teacher to mark. Maybe do some practice business report skeletons from past papers too.

HSC
Start looking through the syllabus and make notes in advance. Will make your life so much more easier as the year progresses.

kimsayslegit

HSC
- Take this time to study ahead and prepare your notes early using any textbooks you have! I did this during my summer holidays and was able to be ahead of my Legal Studies, Business Studies and Biology classes.
- Write practice essays and send them to your teachers for marking. If they're not available, ask your friends to mark them! I usually did this and not only did I get my essays marked, my friends were able to receive a copy of it and learn from it too. It's a win-win situation.
- Ensure you're studying consistently. Don't forget that it's also the holidays and you should be taking some time out to chill and hang with your friends. Creating a study timetable will really help with planning your studies to make sure you're not dedicating 12 hours a day to books and past papers.
- Read your prescribed texts for English and/or start deciding your related texts. If I could turn back time to my own holidays, I would read up on all my English texts. This will save your life later on in the year, and you won't have to haphazardly skim through them the night before the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)