How bad have I screwed up my ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Cronus

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I came into the year with a goal of achieving an ATAR of 95+. But after seeing my results, I'm questioning whether I've set my aim too high.

English Advanced: 78%
Weighting: 15%

English Ext: (haven't been tested yet)

Modern History: 98%
Weighting: I lost the assessment sheet lmao, but probably anywhere from 20 - 30%

Legal Studies: 80%
Weighting: 20%

Math (2u): 85%
Weighting: 30%

Math Ext: (haven't got it back yet, but hopes aren't too high)

I felt really hopeful after getting Modern back, but that's a typical "calm before the storm" scenario, as every other result came crashing down. My school ranked pretty bad this year. We didn't make it to the top 150 so lmao.

How bad have I screwed up and should I lower my ATAR aim?

Last edited:

Cronus

HSC
N/A
Also, if anyone has some holiday catch-up tips, that would be great! Especially for Modern and Legal, as I am drastically behind on my notes. I'm working steadily, but of course there's this lingering fear that the content's too much and I'll never get the first part done by the start of the second semester.

Frostguard

HSC
Cronus buddy, you most certainly have NOT screwed up your ATAR!!! 95 is easily achievable since you average 80% and above across your subjects (except eng adv that subjects hard lol) Your school rank isn't bad either, you're still top 200 out of what 600 schools? Ensure that you perform better in your next assessments to bring your rank up and I'm sure 95 ATAR can be achieved. Remember that the HSC is 50% internals 50% externals which means that 15% for English Advanced is just 7.5% and 78% of 7.5% is like 5.8 or something, which means you've only lost 1.7 marks out of a possible 100, your world is not over!!!
Legal Studies and 2U Maths are still pretty good as well, you're in the Band 5 regions and as long as you improve and get those 90% scores in your hat exams, it should be overly difficult to climb back up and as for 3U maths, try to avoid thinking like that because you'll question your worth and ability to handle the subject, if you truly think you've done bad, wait til you get back your results, see your mistakes and make sure next time to study study study, through doing past papers, regardless of how boring it is, if you want them band 6s you gotta keep doing them maths past papers!!!

As for the holiday tips, just make your notes at a steady pace, set goals for yourself, maybe do one section a day for both legal and modern? You still have 5 weeks left which is like 35 days and I'm sure youre able to finish off your notes easily within 35 days. As long as you don't burn out and maintain a healthy mental wellbeing and exercise a lot, I'm sure making notes will not exhaust you lol.
Cheer up and good Luck buddy! :)

fluffchuck

HSC
Dw it is definitely possible, I achieved an ATAR of 95+, even though I got in the 60s for my first English assessment

D94

HSC
N/A
If you got those marks in some schools, you would be looking at a 97+ ATAR. It depends on the standard of assessment, the standard of marking and if you will improve on your performance or understand where you went wrong.

Cronus

HSC
N/A
Thanks peeps. :)

To anyone who succeeded in Modern History/Legal Studies - how many pages were your notes for all sections combined? As I'm doing my notes, I have a feeling I'm going to end up with 100+ pages.

+ merry christmas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)