Should I repeat the Prelims? I just finished my first term of the HSC course :( (1 Viewer)

Petaomeme

HSC
Hey everyone! So it's the end of 2017 and I just finished my first term of year 12. I've been having a lot of problems and I was wondering if I should repeat the prelim course because I want new subjects. I think I have adequate reasons as (not to get too deep here) I was sexually harassed to a severe extent, am in an unstable family that isn't very supportive and kind, and I have hepatitis which makes my stomach rumble like crazy throughout the day and it's been going on for 2+ years. Do you think those are adequate reasons?

captainneuro

HSC
You should really talk to someone about that irl like teachers or school counsellors and see what they advise you to do..

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hey everyone! So it's the end of 2017 and I just finished my first term of year 12. I've been having a lot of problems and I was wondering if I should repeat the prelim course because I want new subjects. I think I have adequate reasons as (not to get too deep here) I was sexually harassed to a severe extent, am in an unstable family that isn't very supportive and kind, and I have hepatitis which makes my stomach rumble like crazy throughout the day and it's been going on for 2+ years. Do you think those are adequate reasons?
What do u want to do

kendallkreene

HSC
If this is a serious question...

Redoing prelims will get you new subjects, however it holds you back a year.

With your circumstances, you might be able to get bonus ATAR points if you continue onto Year 12, though. However, you won't get new subjects.

As for whether those are adequate enough reasons, I don't know. You'll have to discuss that with your school.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely discuss this with your principal. They should be able to advise you on what you would and wouldn't be able to do in terms of repeating and help you come to a decision.

horse9996

HSC
I would discuss this with adult(s) that you trust in real life to ensure that you come to the decision that is going to help you the most

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)