Thread: Should I repeat the Prelims? I just finished my first term of the HSC course :(

HSC

Should I repeat the Prelims? I just finished my first term of the HSC course :(

Hey everyone! So it's the end of 2017 and I just finished my first term of year 12. I've been having a lot of problems and I was wondering if I should repeat the prelim course because I want new subjects. I think I have adequate reasons as (not to get too deep here) I was sexually harassed to a severe extent, am in an unstable family that isn't very supportive and kind, and I have hepatitis which makes my stomach rumble like crazy throughout the day and it's been going on for 2+ years. Do you think those are adequate reasons?

HSC

Re: Should I repeat the Prelims? I just finished my first term of the HSC course :(

You should really talk to someone about that irl like teachers or school counsellors and see what they advise you to do..
    2017 HSC
    2018 Science (Neuro) at University of Sydney

I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

Re: Should I repeat the Prelims? I just finished my first term of the HSC course :(

Quote Originally Posted by Petaomeme View Post
    Hey everyone! So it's the end of 2017 and I just finished my first term of year 12. I've been having a lot of problems and I was wondering if I should repeat the prelim course because I want new subjects. I think I have adequate reasons as (not to get too deep here) I was sexually harassed to a severe extent, am in an unstable family that isn't very supportive and kind, and I have hepatitis which makes my stomach rumble like crazy throughout the day and it's been going on for 2+ years. Do you think those are adequate reasons?
    What do u want to do

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Petaomeme View Post
    If this is a serious question...

Redoing prelims will get you new subjects, however it holds you back a year.

With your circumstances, you might be able to get bonus ATAR points if you continue onto Year 12, though. However, you won't get new subjects.

As for whether those are adequate enough reasons, I don't know. You'll have to discuss that with your school.
    English Advanced | English Extension 1 | English Extension 2 | Music 2 | Music Extension | Modern History | Ancient History

ATAR Aim: 98.50

Dream Degree: Law/Arts

HSC

Definitely discuss this with your principal. They should be able to advise you on what you would and wouldn't be able to do in terms of repeating and help you come to a decision.
    Advanced English, 2U Math, Legal Studies, Society and Culture, Visual Arts

HSC

I would discuss this with adult(s) that you trust in real life to ensure that you come to the decision that is going to help you the most

Thread Information