Whats the topic in Business Studies people struggle with the most? (1 Viewer)

tklawl

HSC
N/A
Personally, I found finance to be one of the easier ones because it was incredibly straight forward (with structured use of formulae and what not - surprising that this year's HSC exam actually had no financial statements, etc).

For the extended response (essays), I'd probably stay away from finance as much as possible and do any of the other options - unless, of course, you just dislike the others.

For many, finance kills. I just think it's because they (students) hype finance as being extremely difficult due to the maths components associated with it.

Word of advice: I'm 95% sure 2018's HSC exam will have a section on financial statements w/ ratios, commenting on the ratios and/or a recommendation of a strategy to improve a mentioned financial goal.

Marketing, operations and human resources are extremely straight forward and there's not much that should be difficult in those. Global financial management is also what tends to give people anxiety (but I don't think they'll have that in SA for 2018 as 7 marks of SA in 2017 were focused on them).

Robbie M

HSC
I would say HR, it contains quite a lot of content and requires rote learning of many of the concepts Eg. Laws, regulations etc and is not inherently straightforward

MajesticMemes

HSC
Legal influences in HR alone will make you want to scream; all the laws, regulations, contract negotiations, etc. will take some time to get your head around. Otherwise, the rest of HR is pretty decent. Marketing and Operations are very straight forward, and are the best topics to use for your section IV report because of how easy it is to draw comparisons with content and your case study. For finance, you just need to remember the accounting equation ( A - L = OE ), calculating cost of goods sold (COGS), and gross and net profit. The financial ratios are provided to you in the exam, but you need to know what they are used for. The financial reports are pretty easy, just know what falls under categories such as current/non current assets/liabilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)