Teacher giving incorrect/insubstantial feedback on drafts? (1 Viewer)

Cronus

HSC
N/A
For legal, I handed in a draft. Teacher gave me her feedback, I fixed it to the best of my ability but only ended up with 80%. The feedback for my assignment correcting my "errors" were vastly different to how my teacher marked the draft, whereupon she failed to notify me of these said "errors" that resulted in my mere 80%.

At our school we have this (quite asinine policy IMO but that's for another discussion) where we are only allowed to hand in 1 draft.

I don't want to sound too dramatic, but is it possible that teachers can be out to sabotage students? I don't think this teacher likes me very much (she uses this resting face on me, and once I recall started smirking when I rushed this speech in Year 11) Should I report this matter?

Cronus

HSC
N/A
And I recall handing in a draft for Modern History as well. I didn't use some of the feedback partly because I was lAZY and partly because half of it didn't make sense, and ended up topping the cohort...

For legal, I use the feedback and end up with a worse mark??

kendallkreene

HSC
I don't know what your teacher's intentions are (generally teachers want their students to do well because it makes them look good), but considering that Australia has one of the lowest ranking in quality education compared to the rest of the world, I'm not all that surprised.

In terms of feedback, I pick and choose what works. Especially for subjects like music and English creatives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)