10 units with extension units allowed at this time of year? (1 Viewer)

Anomalous

HSC
Hey guys, so I was wondering whether you’re allowed to drop to 10 units with extension units at this point in the year.
Basically, my subject list right now is
- English Advanced
- Chemistry
- Software Design & Development
- Maths Extension 1 & 2
- Senior Science

I really want to get rid of senior science so that I’ll be left with 10 units, but my school is forcing me to keep senior science just incase I ‘stuff up maths extension 2’. I’m confident in my ability in that course to not fail it, so I was wondering if there’s any way (through NESA, with an evidenced argument to my school, etc.) that I can drop the subject now.

Thanks!

JaxsenW

HSC
I was allowed to drop Modern History about 5 weeks into last term, leaving me with 10 units, so I can't see why you shouldn't be able to. I now do:
English Advanced
Chemistry
Physics
Ext 1 and 2 Maths

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anomalous

HSC
Ok thanks guys, so I am definitely legally allowed to go down to 10. And yes, I 100% understand the risks :)

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
10 units is not uncommon at all. In fact, our principal encourages everybody to commit to 10 units and over half the cohort does MX2.

Could you show to your school in any way that you're not at risk of failing MX2? If that doesn't work, maybe you could ask NESA for advice.

ShootingDuck

HSC
Had the same issue last year with my school's policies not allowing myself or my classmates to drop down to 10 units if we did 4U. That was kinda reasonable as half my class dropped the subject. I had to convince/prove to my 4U teacher that I was going to drop the subject. (Though around the time I dropped it, others went behind her back and dropped down to 10 units anyways).

If you're confidant/consistent in your subjects besides senior science, I'd advise trying to show/prove to your teachers you do not intend to drop 4U so you can do 10 units instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)