Don't know how to take notes (1 Viewer)

Wurger

HSC
I'm confused how to take notes properly.

My classmates seem to know more than me, and especially in subjects like history I do everything the teacher tells me to do, but I feel like I don't have enough knowledge to get full marks in my essays. I was recently wanting to get more knowledge, which helped, but it was too much to study, and I can't learn everything about a historical topic. So what do I do to make sure I don't miss things that are assessed, but also how do I not study too much. What can I use to know how many notes I need to take?
(Plus the syllabus is often too vague, eg. the emergence of the Weimar Republic [there are so many events within this, so what do I do])

Thanks

Last edited:
HSC
For every subject you have, print out its NESA syllabus and make notes for each dotpoint. For history, you can also scaffold responses to past questions and learn it that way.

mantequilla

HSC
Write down everything your teacher says or writes down in class - don't use a laptop - and everything you learn from the textbook. And learn how to write coherently.

kainetalbot

HSC
Im in the same situation... I am always trying my hardest to keep up with everyone else in my classes... but for some reason when it comes to exams i get super stressed (which is normal) but last year in my preliminary exit exams my highest mark was 63% in maths gen 2 and my english was 33&, if anyone can help me in any way on summarising and note taking it would be greatly appreciated..
Cheers in advance... :)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
This is advice for history only

Look at past papers and the options for essay topics. There is usually about 8-10 "set" topics that can come up per module, then formulate essays for each topic and you will know how to tackle it in an exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)