How much does extra knowledge improve your marks in an essay (1 Viewer)

Wurger

HSC
Hello,

I was wondering if someone knows extra content that wasn't studied (From their own extensive reading) and features it in their essay, does it have a significant impact on the marks they can get (mainly humanities and history subjects)?

Cheers

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello,

I was wondering if someone knows extra content that wasn't studied (From their own extensive reading) and features it in their essay, does it have a significant impact on the marks they can get (mainly humanities and history subjects)?

Cheers
Depends entirely on the subject and the particular essay, but yes, it can have some impact.

Wurger

HSC
Depends entirely on the subject and the particular essay, but yes, it can have some impact.
I just looked at your HSC results. How do you get so close to 100% in all your subjects, like don't you make mistakes? What did you do to get such a good score?

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Yes it definitely does, but you have to make sure it links to an area of the syllabus fairly explicitly. If it's unrelated material out of the scope of the syllabus then there's not much point of including it (unless it's contextual information which supports main material).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)