How to maintain good ranks and shoot up for bad ones? (1 Viewer)

brbstudying

HSC
Hi everyone,

I'm coming first in Legal Studies and English Extension 2. I intend on sustaining that rank until the end. It was also really funny to see how surprised the teachers and some of my classmates were. The teachers do have their "favourite" students, and everyone thought they were going to get first. Turns out I got first instead! So naturally, I really, really want to maintain it, and I know I can. But does anyone have any advice on how to keep this focus and stay up on top?

Ranks aren't good in my other subjects. Someone adjusted my Modern History ranking from 6th to 10th, so that's annoying. I'm coming 3rd in English Advanced and most likely somewhere in the Top 20 for Ancient History. I intend to smash the midterms, but does anyone have any other tips on rising up for these subjects?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats on your amazing ranks for legal and EX2
To maintain those ranks, I recommend focusing solely on your own marks and achievement, because its not like you can control what marks other people are getting. Just try to keep achieving the best you can and the results will show.
As for other subjects, it's a matter of doing the best you can. As I've said, the only person whose marks you can control are your own, so focus on getting the best results you can by studying hard, working ahead where possible and always asking your teachers for feedback.

jjHasm

HSC
^
do not compare yourself to other people. AT ALL. who cares about rank this rank that, yes it affects ur final hsc mark, but ultimately it is how much you know ur shit, knowing that ur going to get the 2nd best hsc mark and moderation and scalin- blah blah blah who gives a flying fuck. focus on urself and you will maximise your marks, and good rank will come naturally. this was one toxic mentality i fell for, and i regret it alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)