What Schools have the best past papers to use for practice? (1 Viewer)

Sokc

HSC
As half yearlies draw nearer, I am wondering what schools have good exams that I would benefit from the most from for each of my subjects. (eg: I heard Sydney Boys have some quite challenging Maths papers)
Chemistry
Physics
Ext 1&2 Maths
Adv English
Economics
You are welcome to leave other subjects and what schools to do papers from so that others can benefit as well.
Thanks

tklawl

HSC
N/A
For advanced english, basically do any paper you can get your hands on - you need all you can get.

For 3u/4u, any of the top 10 schools are quite good (specifically JR, Baulkham Hills, the Sydney Boys/Girls and Sydney Grammar). I'd suggest doing papers from all schools (Normanhurst, Cheltenham Girls, Knox Grammar) because the easier ones cover fundamentals very well, whereas the harder ones (the aforementioned top 10s) throw in a bunch of brain busters (time to time) that will really help you in the thinking behind the more difficult questions asked in the HSC.
- If you're just looking to get through as many past papers as you can and are very comfortable with fundamentals, do 7-10 for MC and do questions 14 onwards... or you could just speedrun the entire paper.
- Also, just remember that different schools teach different topics at different times of the year. I don't know what topics you've done thus far, so I can't help you out there.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Do past papers from your school first and then do similar difficulty ones. Don't see the point of doing like James Ruse papers if your school ones are ultra easy :)

fluffchuck

HSC
Like pikachu975 said, do past papers from your school or past papers that are of similar difficulty to your school's exams. Leading up to the HSC, you should be doing more difficult past papers (from the top schools) so that you are familiar with a wider range of questions

Sokc

HSC
For Chem - AE and POM
Phys- M&G and i2i
Eco- GE and APITGE

Sokc

HSC
My school is lesser known and past papers are hard to come by. So i am just looking for anything that will benefit me the most

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)