Can anyone help me with my study routine (1 Viewer)

kainetalbot

HSC
Hello,
My name is Kaine Talbot and I am doing my HSC this year... however I am struggling to keep up with a lot of work due to the fact that I am unable to get myself into a study routine... I am stressing because I have my half yearly exams in like three weeks... if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated... I thank you in advance

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
To be honest writing a to do list works for me and ticking the tasks off... like do 2008 bio paper etc. When I make a study timetable it never works so yeah depends on you!

horse9996

HSC
Create a system of task managing - i personally like using daily and weekly plans of to do lists to keep me on track

kainetalbot

HSC
So what your saying is each week print out a weekly planner and on Sundays write down the amount of study that I want to achieve in each day... I have recently been told that for a HSC student they should be doing 3 hours a week per subject of studying... that is a bit daunting to me as I have unfortunately had family problems which have meant that I couldn't be bothered about school and now I have my exams in 3 weeks and want to do really well in my exams...

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
So what your saying is each week print out a weekly planner and on Sundays write down the amount of study that I want to achieve in each day... I have recently been told that for a HSC student they should be doing 3 hours a week per subject of studying... that is a bit daunting to me as I have unfortunately had family problems which have meant that I couldn't be bothered about school and now I have my exams in 3 weeks and want to do really well in my exams...
Not necessarily print out something, just write your to-do list on any piece of paper or something. It depends on whether you want to do a daily list, weekly list, or both. Trial them out and see which you like better, or if you like them both.
Three hours a week per subject isn't too crazy but it's also not necessary for everyone because everyone has different atar goals and uni course requirements. Depending if your atar goal is quite high, you might do more than that, but it could be lower so less work may need to be put in.

It might be valuable to try assign your study tasks time limits so that you can hold yourself accountable in getting study tasks done quickly and so that you don't waste unnecessary time. You are then able to have more time for other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)