Is an eng ex essay similar to mod a? (1 Viewer)

Lilabear

HSC
Hi everyone,

I'm really confused about how to write an eng ex essay. Since context is important, is it similar to a mod a essay? Is the structure of body paragraphs also similar?I've also heard that apparently context is more important than techniques, is that true?

Thanks!!

Lumenoria

HSC
I think my English Ext essays are much more critical and indulge in the specifics of the context exponentially more than in Mod A essays. Like, I feel in Mod A, you can kinda get away with resonating with the context a little more generally, whereas this is never the case for Extension. At the same time though, I do feel the structure of Extension essays are less rigid - there is less emphasis on identifying techniques and the like, you're basically good as long as you can support your thesis with judicious evidence. And this evidence doesn't have to even manifest in the text, it can be from critics, philosophers etc. However, because they are more indepth, the word count is always significantly higher than a Mod A. For Mod A, my essay currently is 1200, whereas for Extension, I'm estimating it'll be around 1600-1800. This is what I've personally noticed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)