Teacher accidentally gave me extra time during exam? (1 Viewer)

entartung

HSC
So i'm having a moral dilemma here. My exam's are done under disability provisions, and today my legal half-yearlies was assessed with another student who was doing business studies.

His exam was 1hr 50 mins while mine was only 1 hr 30 mins. The supervising teacher (not my teacher) probably didn't realise that we we were doing different exams, and i didn't realise that he had set the digital timer wrong until i had 15 minutes remaining, and i checked the time allocated written on the front of my exam.

I hadn't finished my exam yet and i was stressing over it so my mind was kind of jumbled. I was confused over how much time i had left and ultimately decided not to tell him.

So i don't know if i should tell my legal teacher? This technically isn't my fault, and in the beginning of the exam i truly didn't realise that he had set the timer incorrectly. But i feel really bad never the less. What would they do if i told them?

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
So i'm having a moral dilemma here. My exam's are done under disability provisions, and today my legal half-yearlies was assessed with another student who was doing business studies.

His exam was 1hr 50 mins while mine was only 1 hr 30 mins. The supervising teacher (not my teacher) probably didn't realise that we we were doing different exams, and i didn't realise that he had set the digital timer wrong until i had 15 minutes remaining, and i checked the time allocated written on the front of my exam.

I hadn't finished my exam yet and i was stressing over it so my mind was kind of jumbled. I was confused over how much time i had left and ultimately decided not to tell him.

So i don't know if i should tell my legal teacher? This technically isn't my fault, and in the beginning of the exam i truly didn't realise that he had set the timer incorrectly. But i feel really bad never the less. What would they do if i told them?
Just don't tell not your fault

highshill

HSC

Don't tell, this is not your fault as pikachu975 said, its really good that you are very honest and have good morals but don't tell, if you tell them they most probably would likely make that supervising teacher into huge trouble and that will make you feel even more sad. If your school is very strict they may even take this matter to your parents and who knows may even blame you for what has happened) and then most likely they would make you sit another exam which may be even tougher (concepts you struggle with may be in it) and that itself is a headache on its own. If you still feel a moral dilliema talk to someone who loves you (e,g parents) tell them everything and then tell them you aren't going to do anything about it, if they support who feel good that you aren't the only who has to go through it alone. Hope it helped :D

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
imo, there is no obligation for you to say anything because it is the teachers fault.

In the unlikely event they question you about it, you can just say you didn't know. Deny deny deny

doggossigh

HSC
Nah, it's was a simple accident and most likely, you wouldn't have noticed (I doubt I would have tbh). Just don't worry too much about it, it's over now anyways lol, not much you can do about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)