Productivity when studying (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Hiii guys does anyone have any tips on how to boost productivity when studying? Lol I don’t think it’s normal that it takes me 2 hours to do one paragraph for English or 3 hours to do like 4 dot points haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Firstly, are there any specific problems you have identified that stop you from being productive? e.g. distractions such as your phone, social media, or lack of concentration, etc?

I would start by working in 30min to 1hr blocks where all your concentration is put into your work and getting things done, and then having half the time you worked as a break, where you can do what you want, rinse and repeat.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hiii guys does anyone have any tips on how to boost productivity when studying? Lol I don’t think it’s normal that it takes me 2 hours to do one paragraph for English or 3 hours to do like 4 dot points haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was me for english too since it was so boring, but I guess it just took up a lot of hours but at least it got done.

But probably set a reward like "play 3 games of fortnite" if you finish english or something

KalmiaLatifolia

HSC
Uni Grad
Two hours for one English paragraph is actually quite fast by my standards. I think an important thing to remember about productivity is that the quality of your work counts too, not just quantity. Trying to fully understand a concept/reviewing your past mistakes etc. doesn't necessarily lend itself to speed, but you can save a lot of headache down the track if you get into the habit of thoroughness in this way.

Jolteon

HSC
For subjects that don't require me to think too deeply (like maths/chem) I tend to have a song playlist that runs for 40 mins.
After the 40 mins, I take a 10 minute break and then choose another playlist that runs for 40 minutes.
You could always use the same method instead of using music to time yourself, but this just personally works for me.

If that doesn't work, just take a shower so you can start afresh.
Or just sleep tbh - there are days when you're just not motivated so just rest up and power through the next day.

As for why you take so many hours to finish English; I've heard from somewhere that they are two types of writers - one who plans out everything and edits as they go to make sure everything is perfect and the other where they write everything out and then edit/refine until its perfect.
I was definitely the type to edit as I go so by the time I'm done, it would've been perfect. You could be like that too so don't worry about taking too long to write a paragraph (I take 5 hours for one bc of that + procrastination)

Hope this helps!

swimfast

HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)