Thread: Help... 3U Maths or Chem??

HSC

Help... 3U Maths or Chem??

Hi guys,
    I am currently doing 12 units and would like to drop either Extension maths or chem... I have been tossing it up for months but I don't know what to do! Both marks are pretty much on an even playing field. I would like to get a 90+ atar also.

I enjoy both subjects equally the same, it's a love/hate relationship for both, depending on what we are doing or how stressed my other subjects are making me

I feel if I drop one, I will perform better in my other subjects. I just had mid-yearlys and chem/extension I really lacked motivation to study for... I am pending results for both.

HSC

Re: Help... 3U Maths or Chem??

What are your other subjects sir? Which one do you LIKE more at the END of the day?

Purely cos scaling wise and assuming you did well in both subjects, id say stick with 3U
    Aim: 48 ATAR @ Bankstown TAFE

Studies of Religion | Adv. English | Chemistry | Physics | Maths Ext.

HSC

Re: Help... 3U Maths or Chem??

X1 Maths is one unit, Chem is two.

If you really do enjoy them equally but want to drop one, then drop Chem because you get one more freed up unit.

If you drop X1 Maths then you end up with 11 units. One is going to get wasted, you'll be doing two units of work for one unit towards your ATAR.

(Unless you have another one-unit subject that you could drop along with X1 Maths)
    HSC 2018 - [English Adv.] • [Maths Ext. 1] • [Maths Ext. 2] • [Chemistry] • [Software Design and Development]

1(3√3) t2 dt cos(3π/9) = log(3√e) | Integral t2 dt, From 1 to the cube root of 3. Times the cosine, of three pi over nine, Equals log of the cube root of e.

Thread Information