Got a 0 on my First assessment in year 12, is my atar ruined? (1 Viewer)

throwaway112233

HSC
N/A
Just today i got the news that ive gotten a 0 for plagarism on my first assessment in design and technology as me and my friend both worked on the assessment together (i know stupid i wish i never did it), i'm really stressing about this as i want to have a career as a industrial engineer. Will this mark make a massive impact on my career opportunities in the future? as well as my ATAR?

My current subjects are:
Adv English
Legal Studies
Studies of Religion (1 unit)
Design and Tech
Information Processing technology
General Maths 2

Frostguard

HSC
Bro your ATAR is most certainly not ruined!!!!
What was the percentage/weighting if your assessment?
Remember that your internal assessments only count to 50% of your HSC mark so if you've failed this assessment, as long as you haven't gotten any N-warnings and all that stuff, you need to know you must work your butt off if you want to do well in D&T. It would be dishonest to say don't worry but you must look forward and try to achieve very high for your half yearlies, trials, assessments etc. Just hope you've learnt your lesson about plagiarism :frown2: If you truly love industrial engineering, then your motivation and interest in D&t will drive you to succeed in that course and hopefully your other subjects as well. Good luck mate!

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Just today i got the news that ive gotten a 0 for plagarism on my first assessment in design and technology as me and my friend both worked on the assessment together (i know stupid i wish i never did it), i'm really stressing about this as i want to have a career as a industrial engineer. Will this mark make a massive impact on my career opportunities in the future? as well as my ATAR?

My current subjects are:
Adv English
Legal Studies
Studies of Religion (1 unit)
Design and Tech
Information Processing technology
General Maths 2
I cant say exactly what ATAR you'll get but try considering that there are ways to get into uni if you dont make it in straight away

Just focus on smashing your next few assessments so then you get a solid rank

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably not because it's one assessment out of several that counts towards two of your eleven units.

Just don't let it happen again.

gallen88

HSC
Hey,

Like everyone else has said you still have a chance! People don't give a crud about your ATAR when you're in university. For the first day people may ask how you went but that's pretty much it. Just make sure you don't plagiarise again throughout Year 12. If you're struggling with an assessment ask a friend or a teacher for advice. : ) They are here to help you succeed (your teachers I mean) and I would recommend that next time you should start your assessment early so you don't fall into that situation again of completing it in the last minute + plagiarism.

All the best!

MickeyB99

HSC
Uni Grad
Providing the assesment is worth less than or equal to 25% Lol its a minor hiccup at worst.

throwaway112233

HSC
N/A
Bro your ATAR is most certainly not ruined!!!!
What was the percentage/weighting if your assessment?
Remember that your internal assessments only count to 50% of your HSC mark so if you've failed this assessment, as long as you haven't gotten any N-warnings and all that stuff, you need to know you must work your butt off if you want to do well in D&T. It would be dishonest to say don't worry but you must look forward and try to achieve very high for your half yearlies, trials, assessments etc. Just hope you've learnt your lesson about plagiarism :frown2: If you truly love industrial engineering, then your motivation and interest in D&t will drive you to succeed in that course and hopefully your other subjects as well. Good luck mate!
Thanks for all the positive comments, i did get a N warning sadly and i definitely have learnt my lesson. Will this N warning be on my record or make a impact on my ATAR or future careers?

EDIT: it was 25% as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)