Am i screwed? (1 Viewer)

Etheral123

HSC
Hi, im a student currently studying physics, standard English, ancient history, DAT and general mathematics (really random combo yeah), i live in a rural area and hope to achieve an atar of about 85. in my first term i did well for little effort with 88% for physics, 86% for math, 80% for English (downhill now) and around the 70's for ancient and DAT. although i would describe that a decent term, what is now term 1, i had to battle personal issues which i recovered from clearly too late (and a near traumatizing misadventure with my physics dc motor)which at the end left me wondering is it even worth it after receiving my marks. i received no mark higher than 50% in english and 2 of my physics assessments (Ancient hasnt been marked but i am confident in at least 80%) and i heard 60-70% for my math exam. my now diminished rankings are no longer my priority all i want to know is how i could possibly come back from this, i.e. would acing my next batch of assessments, trials and HSC be enough to recover? and if so should i be aiming no less than 100 in all of these coming assessments? Thanks in advance.
EDIT: just also realized this is the wrong forum :D your answers are still greatly appreciated <3

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Externals (HSC) makes up 50% of your mark so you are not completely "screwed".
I'd recommend that you try as hard you can now, and if your ATAR doesn't meet the cut-off, transferring universities/courses is always an option.

titanium_man23

HSC
Depending on the issues, applying for the UAC Educational access schemes can help you out. Because you live in a rural area, you should receive 5 bonus points (or adjustment factors, which is what some of the universities call it now) automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)