Thread: Am i screwed?

HSC

Post Am i screwed?

Hi, im a student currently studying physics, standard English, ancient history, DAT and general mathematics (really random combo yeah), i live in a rural area and hope to achieve an atar of about 85. in my first term i did well for little effort with 88% for physics, 86% for math, 80% for English (downhill now) and around the 70's for ancient and DAT. although i would describe that a decent term, what is now term 1, i had to battle personal issues which i recovered from clearly too late (and a near traumatizing misadventure with my physics dc motor)which at the end left me wondering is it even worth it after receiving my marks. i received no mark higher than 50% in english and 2 of my physics assessments (Ancient hasnt been marked but i am confident in at least 80%) and i heard 60-70% for my math exam. my now diminished rankings are no longer my priority all i want to know is how i could possibly come back from this, i.e. would acing my next batch of assessments, trials and HSC be enough to recover? and if so should i be aiming no less than 100 in all of these coming assessments? Thanks in advance.
    EDIT: just also realized this is the wrong forum your answers are still greatly appreciated <3
    Last edited by Etheral123; 3 Apr 2018 at 7:03 PM.

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Am i screwed?

Externals (HSC) makes up 50% of your mark so you are not completely "screwed".
    I'd recommend that you try as hard you can now, and if your ATAR doesn't meet the cut-off, transferring universities/courses is always an option.
    Maths is not a subject, it's a lifestyle choice
    - snipez264

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

HSC

Re: Am i screwed?

Depending on the issues, applying for the UAC Educational access schemes can help you out. Because you live in a rural area, you should receive 5 bonus points (or adjustment factors, which is what some of the universities call it now) automatically.
    2016 - PRE (Information Digital Technology [IDT])

2017 - PRE (Maths Adv, Maths Ext 1, English Adv, Software Design and Development, PDHPE) HSC (Information Digital Technology [IDT])

2018 - HSC (Maths Adv, Maths Ext 1, English Adv, Software Design and Development, PDHPE)

Non-ATAR subjects (Sports Coaching Cert I, IDT Spec Studies [Cert III])

Thread Information