Study routine and procrastination (1 Viewer)

pockysticks

HSC
N/A
hey does anyone know any good tips for procrastination? i always leave my assignments last minute/the night before and i know the work i hand in isn't of my best ability but each time i just cant stop myself and not leave it last minute. Also what are your study routines like? such as your daily time table and sleeping times. can you do well in school if you sleep 8 hours or more? i know a lot of top students who study a lot and sleep less than eight and is it impossible to be the top student if you spend a lot of time sleeping

sorry for the rambling:tongue:

swimfast

HSC
Uni Grad
I've posted a few responses with blog posts I wrote on this topic. I don't want to spam so if you look through my profile you should be able to find them.

The most important tip is that a huge cause of procrastination is lack of perceived progress. You need to constantly prove to yourself that you're making progress, otherwise you get bored/disinterested. One way to achieve that is by setting lots of small goals and making a show of crossing them off as you go.

maths314

HSC
Uni Grad
My advice is to download a study tracking app, that way you can keep track of how much you study of each subject and how much every day, week, month, etc. I found this very useful because it was easier for me to set smaller more achievable goals each day. I.e. usually on school days I tried to do 3-4 hours per day and would not go to bed until I had done at least this amount. This meant I could stop study or go out with friends usually by around 8-10 pm.

In terms of procrastinating, try be honest with yourself and keep putting in the hours. What I did was mute my phone and downloaded a blocking app to block facebook, insta, whatsapp, etc, which was very useful.

Good luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)