Is a 98/99+ ATAR looking achievable at this stage? (1 Viewer)

brbstudying

HSC
Hi guys

I'm aiming for an ATAR of over 98, ideally a 99.10. My school isn't typically known for doing well in the HSC, as we are currently ranked in the 300s, which is kinda laughable, but I predict we will rise up this year, as there are quite a lot of intelligent and hardworking people in the cohort, especially compared to previous years. But anyways, I'm wondering if I'm on the right track to a 98/99 ATAR, as my marks aren't all that stable (like, I get in the 90s in some subjects, 80s in others, and that annoys me :( PLUS that 77% in Music just stained my life), and I know that you typically need a Band 6 across all subjects to get 98/99, so I'm wondering how achievable it is for me at this stage? Also, I've forgotten how much some of the assessment tasks exactly, so I'm just estimating, although all second assessment tasks were midcourses, which were all worth 15%.

English Advanced:
First Assessment Task: 87%
Weighting: 20-ish%

Second Assessment Task: 90%
Weighting: 15%

English Extension 1:
First Assessment Task: 92%

English Extension 2:
First Assessment Task: 100%
Weighting: 20/30-ish%

Music 2:
First Assessment Task: 77%
Weighting: 20-ish%

Ancient History:
First Assessment Task: 98%
Weighting: 30%

Second Assessment Task: 83% :(

Modern History:
First Assessment Task: 86%
Weighting: 20/30-ish%

Thanks everyone, and hope y'all doing well. :)

JasonPeterTodd

HSC
Hey brbstudying,

Looking at your ranks (which are amazing) and subjects, I'd say you could definitely aim for pretty high ATAR. For the subjects you're first at, you won't have to worry about your cohort bringing you down since it's all on you.
As for the rest, even though they're all pretty good you can still improve in your future assessments.

Best of luck!

maths314

HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps, if you keep working at this pace, you could get these higher marks, but I must emphasise how difficult it is. Internal raw marks only say so much, and I'm not too sure as to the difficulty of your school's papers. But keep trying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)