Always napping help (1 Viewer)

Jolteon

HSC
Hi,
Since Easter holidays ended, I've been napping for 2 hours most days after school from 5-7pm and sometimes I don't wake up at all - not until 6:30am when I have to get up for school.

This is starting to have a big impact on me since I can't stay awake during those times and I've tried going to the library to stop myself from napping but my body gets extremely tired around that time and my productivity drops.

What should I do?
It's starting to limit the amount of work I do.

Thank you!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Stop napping because then your body gets used to it and also get more sleep so you don't have to nap. Also don't lie down in bed at all till you have to sleep or you might nap.

Also DOWNLOAD ALARMY it's honestly the best app you can't sleep in with it.

PiAndQuadratics

HSC
I've had similar problems as well. Just FORCE yourself not to nap in the first place.

Your body just wants to get comfortable and fall asleep. I don't recommend caffeine unless you really need it (since it is addictive), but just stay away from anything that might remind you of sleep (e.g. your bed, sofa, etc). Your work productivity might drop if you're drowsy, but it'll be zero if you're asleep the whole time!

Find out why you've been so tired "since the Easter holidays". If there's something you have to cut out of your daily routine, then do so. (IDK about you, but my friend always got up at 4.30 am to ice skate and he couldn't figure out for the life of him why he was always exhausted.)

andrew12678

HSC
Dw you're not the only one. I literally napped every early morning 4U class back in the day and occasionally fell asleep at tutoring on the weekends because I was so tired (if you are reading this Chris, yes I confess to falling asleep a few times in class :p don't know if you noticed). I think the simple solution is sleeping more at night but that is easier said than done

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Dw you're not the only one. I literally napped every early morning 4U class back in the day and occasionally fell asleep at tutoring on the weekends because I was so tired (if you are reading this Chris, yes I confess to falling asleep a few times in class :p don't know if you noticed). I think the simple solution is sleeping more at night but that is easier said than done
I think every class had people falling asleep with Chris!! but he was still funny though

tomiam8

HSC
If you're feeling extremely tired even after things you used to be able to do easily, it's possible you have Anaemia. It may be worthwhile talking to a GP about your symptoms.
Common symptoms are due to the reduced amount of oxygen in the body. These include tiredness, having little energy (lethargy), feeling faint and becoming easily breathless.
I remember my cousin had it and felt extremely tired every day after school, after getting tested he had some medication to increase his iron levels which helped a lot.
It also could be other things, so if your sleep patterns been particularly unusual it's absolutely worthwhile seeing a doctor about it; don't just try to self-diagnose especially with something as important as this.

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
I kept napping all the time during Year 12 as well. I wouldn't recommend it though - your body becomes accustomed to it and it becomes harder to move back into a normal sleep cycle the more you delay it I think.

This might sound really lame but I tried to stop napping near the end of Year 12 just by forcing myself not to nap through certain mechanisms (. drinking tea, studying at a library etc.) Of course, I did feel tired at a library especially when I was awake during my normal napping hours but to prevent I normally just went outside for some fresh air and came back in - it seemed to work lol.

I guess experiment with different ways of not making you feel tired and nap haha and once you find one that works, stick to it so that you will eventually go back to a normal sleeping pattern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)