PIP Plagarism (1 Viewer)

tomwilliams32

HSC
N/A
Do you reckon if you used a PIP for society and culture that was given to you from a friend that they did in 2016, would you get caught out or would it pick it up on the plagarism checkers??

Lumenoria

HSC
Don't do it. Maybe there's a chance it'll slide unchallenged, but I personally wouldn't risk it. I literally wrote an essay myself for English Extension and my teacher suspected plagiarism, even though it was all my work. It made me so anxious for weeks. I can't even imagine how it would've felt, if I legit plagiarised and their allegations did actually come to fruition. Do it yourself, or not at all. Seriously, you're placing other people who've worked long and hard on theirs at a disadvantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gallen88

HSC
Do you reckon if you used a PIP for society and culture that was given to you from a friend that they did in 2016, would you get caught out or would it pick it up on the plagarism checkers??
Don't do it. Don't even consider doing it. If you read over their PIP to try to get an understanding of how they answered the question or how to write an essay in a sophisticated manner that's fine, because, some people read exemplar responses to different questions to get an idea of HOW to write an essay. The key words here are: an idea of how to answer a question, not: give you the answers. Seriously, if you want to do well in the HSC just do the work yourself. Sometimes some people get away with it. However, there is a chance of being caught out and the last thing you want is to receive a zero for an assessment. Please don't do this as it can cause a lot of stress for you - especially if you get caught mate, and, it also wouldn't be fair for those who have worked for hours over the PIP.

Good luck,
Gallen88 : )

Brian Tien

HSC
Don't use another's work. EVER.
The whole all my own work thing may be a joke and all but DoE is willing to take measures if you get caught.
I handed in an essay once and the head teacher deducted marks for plagiarism, "because she did not expect a year 10 student in a school ranked below 500 to be able to write an essay better than her senior english class". And she didn't even run it through the checkers.

Another story: most of my commerce class in year 10 decided to try copying little snippets of info from a booklet our teacher had given us to revise.
Most of it was only a few words here and there, but I guess it was all a set up.
Out of just under 30 students, less than 5 students actually received a mark at all. Most scored zeroes for copying things.

TL : DR Don't copy anything, ever

Edit: Learning how to do something yourself is the best way to learn. Sure, you can score a mark easily in the short term, but come HSC time, and you've got no idea on the whats, whens, whys. Analyzing someone else's is, as above been mentioned a good way to grasp the concept quickly, but don't copy it. Understand it then make it yours.

GL HF o7

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)