should I drop out and go to TAFE then transfer to uni? (1 Viewer)

just existing

HSC
so I have been having a horrible year (not that should be an excuse),
my marks and ranks are not the best
English 79% average 9/45
math 2u 60% 19/38
biology 70% 8/40ish
physics less than 50% 25/32
chemistry 60% 7/20
PDHPE 90% 4/60
my school rank is horrible and I know I can't get the ATAR I want.
I really want to study medicine, but I have not been able to study properly for the past year. my plan was to finish the HSC and get into a course that I liked, study for GAMSAT and do medicine, but right now I don't even think I can get an ATAR of 70, but TAFE offers a pathway to a course I like, it starts next month but that would mean I have to drop out, personally I think it seems like a better choice than wasting the next 6 months, not getting into uni and having to go to TAFE for another 4-6 months.

I would really appreciate any advice

HSC
N/A
The ranking system/ atar competition really sucks the enjoyment out of education. If you can just stay philosophical about grades and enjoy what you're learning each day the pathways will open.. easier said than done of course!

Reactions: rvh

just existing

HSC
My concern is that I would be wasting another 6 months, in that time I could go to tafe and then uni through the diploma to degree pathway.
Honestly I don't hate studying, I use to love school and learning, but my at my school teachers don't really teach me and am spending too much time in school (9hrs) and I have to get home and learn the content, and to top everything off my health isn't the best at the moment am still trying out different medications and there have been a lot of family and personal problems (I really don't want to use my life as an excuse but it is really hard for me) I really just want to know is it really worth finishing the HSC and the negatives of not finishing also whether going through tafe is more beneficial?
Thank you

just existing

HSC
The ranking system/ atar competition really sucks the enjoyment out of education. If you can just stay philosophical about grades and enjoy what you're learning each day the pathways will open.. easier said than done of course!
My concern is that I would be wasting another 6 months, in that time I could go to tafe and then uni through the diploma to degree pathway.
Honestly I don't hate studying, I use to love school and learning, but my at my school teachers don't really teach me and am spending too much time in school (9hrs) and I have to get home and learn the content, and to top everything off my health isn't the best at the moment am still trying out different medications and there have been a lot of family and personal problems (I really don't want to use my life as an excuse but it is really hard for me) I really just want to know is it really worth finishing the HSC and the negatives of not finishing also whether going through tafe is more beneficial?
Thank you

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Thank you
It's not. You,l get in, dw just put your head down. It's very unlikely you won't get into uni. There's plenty of dropkicks that I've seen even get in

rizfizz

HSC
N/A
Guys I moved interstate, failed trials and still got a 98 ATAR. Just stick at it! The hsc is a stressful and confusing time, my heart goes out to you. It's never too late to up your grades
https://youtu.be/0GMh6dq86MU

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I would say drop physics and just focus on your other subjects. You can easily get 85+ if you just work really hard from here on!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)