Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Queenroot
  • 1 Post By si2136
  • 1 Post By weaknuclearforce

Thread: should I drop out and go to TAFE then transfer to uni?

HSC

should I drop out and go to TAFE then transfer to uni?

so I have been having a horrible year (not that should be an excuse),
    my marks and ranks are not the best
    English 79% average 9/45
    math 2u 60% 19/38
    biology 70% 8/40ish
    physics less than 50% 25/32
    chemistry 60% 7/20
    PDHPE 90% 4/60
    my school rank is horrible and I know I can't get the ATAR I want.
    I really want to study medicine, but I have not been able to study properly for the past year. my plan was to finish the HSC and get into a course that I liked, study for GAMSAT and do medicine, but right now I don't even think I can get an ATAR of 70, but TAFE offers a pathway to a course I like, it starts next month but that would mean I have to drop out, personally I think it seems like a better choice than wasting the next 6 months, not getting into uni and having to go to TAFE for another 4-6 months.

I would really appreciate any advice

I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

Re: should I drop out and go to TAFE then transfer to uni?

nah keep going

Executive Member
    HSC

Stay persistent. HSC builds up your perseverance later on for uni, and transferring courses @ uni is easier than getting the ATAR for med.
    weaknuclearforce likes this.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

The ranking system/ atar competition really sucks the enjoyment out of education. If you can just stay philosophical about grades and enjoy what you're learning each day the pathways will open.. easier said than done of course!
    rvh likes this.

HSC

My concern is that I would be wasting another 6 months, in that time I could go to tafe and then uni through the diploma to degree pathway.
    Honestly I don't hate studying, I use to love school and learning, but my at my school teachers don't really teach me and am spending too much time in school (9hrs) and I have to get home and learn the content, and to top everything off my health isn't the best at the moment am still trying out different medications and there have been a lot of family and personal problems (I really don't want to use my life as an excuse but it is really hard for me) I really just want to know is it really worth finishing the HSC and the negatives of not finishing also whether going through tafe is more beneficial?
    Thank you

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by weaknuclearforce View Post
    The ranking system/ atar competition really sucks the enjoyment out of education. If you can just stay philosophical about grades and enjoy what you're learning each day the pathways will open.. easier said than done of course!
    My concern is that I would be wasting another 6 months, in that time I could go to tafe and then uni through the diploma to degree pathway.
    Honestly I don't hate studying, I use to love school and learning, but my at my school teachers don't really teach me and am spending too much time in school (9hrs) and I have to get home and learn the content, and to top everything off my health isn't the best at the moment am still trying out different medications and there have been a lot of family and personal problems (I really don't want to use my life as an excuse but it is really hard for me) I really just want to know is it really worth finishing the HSC and the negatives of not finishing also whether going through tafe is more beneficial?
    Thank you

I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by just existing View Post
    Thank you
    It's not. You,l get in, dw just put your head down. It's very unlikely you won't get into uni. There's plenty of dropkicks that I've seen even get in

HSC
    N/A

Guys I moved interstate, failed trials and still got a 98 ATAR. Just stick at it! The hsc is a stressful and confusing time, my heart goes out to you. It's never too late to up your grades
    https://youtu.be/0GMh6dq86MU

HSC

I would say drop physics and just focus on your other subjects. You can easily get 85+ if you just work really hard from here on!
    HSC 2017: 95.05 | School DUX

Offering Biology Tutoring (93 HSC MARK) PM ME for details

WSU Class of 2021
    B Physiotherapy

Thread Information