Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By brbstudying
  • 1 Post By supR
  • 1 Post By boredofstudiesuser1

Thread: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    2

    Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    English Standard - 67% - 9/86
    Mathematics - 68% - 19/58
    Mathematics Ext1 - 81% - 10/28
    Physics - 58% - 16/23
    Software and Design - 87% - 2/19
    Music 1 = 96% - 1/30

    So depressed, didn't know about past papers or the fact that teachers would just pull the whole test from past papers. Would've done way better given i've memorised so many 1k word essays/creative writing at this point. fml

    Additional info
    Physics - Rank 1 is hovering around 70-75%
    Software - Large outlier here, rank one is 90%, while rank 3 is like somewhere 60%-75%
    Math Ext1 - My friend who is rank 5 or 3 (sorry cant remember) has 85%, so its pretty clustered rn

    Is it even possible to get 90% atar at this point? If so, which subjects should i focus on most

    Any comments or help would be GREATLY appreciated, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

  2. #2
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    Hey! So the Talent 100 ATAR calculator is giving out a 77 ATAR :/
    HOWEVERRRR, have you done your term 3 tests yet? Because remember you still have TRIALS which count for so much!! and externals!! You're doing really well in 3U so that's good - try even harder because it can seriously pull up your ATAR. You should focus on 2U maths more. Try to bump up your English rank up too and your physics. Just a tip: your marks are quite rocky rn but if you push really hard I definitely think you can get it Because this is the time where people start slipping, so if you do the complete opposite, it could really help your internal ranks. Just remember to not be disillusioned by where you are at now. Just give 100% and continue to picture that 90 ATAR GOOD LUCK!!
    HSC 2018

    English AdvancedMaths Extension 1Legal StudiesChemistryBiology

  3. #3
    Junior Member captainneuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    school rank
    2017 HSC
    2018 Science (Neuro) at University of Sydney

  4. #4
    Senior Member integral95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    713
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    Quote Originally Posted by Danneo View Post
    English Standard - 67% - 9/86
    Mathematics - 68% - 19/58
    Mathematics Ext1 - 81% - 10/28

    Physics - 58% - 16/23
    Software and Design - 87% - 2/19
    Music 1 = 96% - 1/30

    So depressed, didn't know about past papers or the fact that teachers would just pull the whole test from past papers. Would've done way better given i've memorised so many 1k word essays/creative writing at this point. fml

    Additional info
    Physics - Rank 1 is hovering around 70-75%
    Software - Large outlier here, rank one is 90%, while rank 3 is like somewhere 60%-75%
    Math Ext1 - My friend who is rank 5 or 3 (sorry cant remember) has 85%, so its pretty clustered rn

    Is it even possible to get 90% atar at this point? If so, which subjects should i focus on most

    Any comments or help would be GREATLY appreciated, THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    You'd definitely need to improve those marks that's for sure, though I'm curious as to how you got a much higher mark in Ext 1 math than 2U math.
    “Smart people learn from their mistakes. But the real sharp ones learn from the mistakes of others.”
    ― Brandon Mull

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    Quote Originally Posted by integral95 View Post
    You'd definitely need to improve those marks that's for sure, though I'm curious as to how you got a much higher mark in Ext 1 math than 2U math.
    For some reason, most of the people I know who do extension 1 think that 2 unit is harder. Some who do 4 unit consider 2 unit to be similar in difficulty content-wise. I'm not too sure why.
    Prelim 2017
    Advanced English ~ Mathematics Extension 1 ~ Physics ~ Music 2 ~ Legal Studies ~ Financial Services (AA)
    HSC 2017
    Mathematics (98)
    HSC 2018
    Advanced English ~ Mathematics Extension 1 ~ Mathematics Extension 2 ~ Music 2 ~ Financial Services (AA)

  6. #6
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    Quote Originally Posted by boredofstudiesuser1 View Post
    For some reason, most of the people I know who do extension 1 think that 2 unit is harder. Some who do 4 unit consider 2 unit to be similar in difficulty content-wise. I'm not too sure why.
    The same goes for English - advanced seems harder compared to 3u or 4u o.O At least for me and people I know.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    HSC
    2020
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    I want to do human bio, English, chemistry, Maths applications, specialised PE studies and physics (all atar) what would I have to score to get an atar of like 90+

  8. #8
    Member supR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    Quote Originally Posted by boredofstudiesuser1 View Post
    For some reason, most of the people I know who do extension 1 think that 2 unit is harder. Some who do 4 unit consider 2 unit to be similar in difficulty content-wise. I'm not too sure why.
    Going to have to completely disagree, and all of the 3u and 4u students at my school would also agree xD

    In Yr 11 I beat my 2U marks in my 3U exams, but I wouldn't suggest that 3U was easier, and that trend didn't continue into this yr 12 either.
    HSC 2018

    Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry

    ATAR Goal - 96.00 - B Laws at UTS

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Is it possible to get 90 atar with these trash mark

    Quote Originally Posted by supR View Post
    Going to have to completely disagree, and all of the 3u and 4u students at my school would also agree xD

    In Yr 11 I beat my 2U marks in my 3U exams, but I wouldn't suggest that 3U was easier, and that trend didn't continue into this yr 12 either.
    Yes I disagree also, I definitely found 2U much easier. Not sure why a lot of classmates feel otherwise XD
    supR likes this.
    Prelim 2017
    Advanced English ~ Mathematics Extension 1 ~ Physics ~ Music 2 ~ Legal Studies ~ Financial Services (AA)
    HSC 2017
    Mathematics (98)
    HSC 2018
    Advanced English ~ Mathematics Extension 1 ~ Mathematics Extension 2 ~ Music 2 ~ Financial Services (AA)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •