Lost 66% for not using syllabus terminology. Hoe can I argue against this? (1 Viewer)

babolat300

HSC
Hello

I recently submitted research task, in which the question required us to 'Critically analyse sports policies and the sports environments to determine the degree to which they promote safe participation in a variety of sports'

I made the terrible mistake of not referring to syllabus terminology, or answering the question via the 5 syllabus dot points that this area comprises of. I was marked a 5/15 wholly for this reason. My explanation and examples were deemed to be good, however I did not directly refer to these 5 dot-points, or did I use specific terminology from the syllabus.

Is such a mark fair, considering i had good examples and content relating to the question, however just not presented according to the syllabus. How can I argue for more marks?

Thanks

Last edited:

captainneuro

HSC
You can't. Losing marks for not following what is learnt in class is why you lost marks. Otherwise anyone could just come and write relatable bs or just general knowledge for the q. They don't care about that, they're trying to see if you've learnt what is taught in class. Get good at regurgitating for hsc, especially pe.

Learn from it, and don't repeat the same mistake for your exams.

babolat300

HSC
Hey Captainneuro. It was a research task, and thus we had not learnt about it in class yet. Furthermore, the marker said I demonstrated a good understanding of the question referred to some syllabus dotpoints but indirectly, without using specific terminology. Is this still a no for possibly getting more marks?

Thanks

captainneuro

HSC
Hey Captainneuro. It was a research task, and thus we had not learnt about it in class yet. Furthermore, the marker said I demonstrated a good understanding of the question referred to some syllabus dotpoints but indirectly, without using specific terminology. Is this still a no for possibly getting more marks?

Thanks
I used to do pe, we would always need to strictly stick to syllabus dot points to get top marks whether for exam, research task or any hand ins. Usually in the marking outline, using specific terminology is one of the few criteria for top marks. You can ask for marks but idk how much more you would get.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)