is it possible for me to get an atar above 93 (1 Viewer)

emily_02

HSC
hii everyone

if it's not too much trouble, can anyone who do the same subjects as me post your hsc marks so i can see roughly what i need to aim for?? (i know there's internal and scaling and all that impacting the actual hsc mark but still i just want a rough idea)

my subjects are:

chemistry
biology
ext 1 maths
2 unit
sor
advanced english

i go to a 230sth ranked school (I KNOW rip me) and these are my ranks and marks for the subjects

chemistry - 4/9 (averaging 80% for the past assessments)
english - 3/42 (averaging 86%, but the problem is i did pretty bad (16/20) for the last assessment so that rank is gonna drop :(
2 unit - 6/16 (averaging 84%)
ext 1 - 4/9 (averaging 80%)
sor - 9/40 (can't calculate average bcus i only had one exam)
biology - 5/23 (averaging 80%)

i know my marks aren't amazing :( but i really want to get into unsw engineering...is there hope??

KAIO7

HSC
N/A
There is always hope. Predicting ATARs at schools that have a relatively low rank is tricky, however based on the number of band6s achieved at schools that have similar ranks, I'd say you're currently on the way to getting an ATAR around 90, (88-89+). Having said that, you're not very far from getting a 93, if you can get 2 band 6s and average 87+ in all your other subjects (exam performance), then you should be on your way to getting at least 91+. Improving your ranks can also help as the effect of your school rank on your internal marks will be minimised.

Also universities are NOT extremely strict when it comes to cut-offs.

Keep working hard, enjoy what you're doing and you'll hopefully get the ATAR you want.

Last edited:

emily_02

HSC
There is always hope. Predicting ATARs at schools that have a relatively low rank is tricky, however based on the number of band6s achieved at schools that have similar ranks, I'd say you're currently on the way to getting an ATAR around 90, (88-89+). Having said that, you're not very far from getting a 93, if you can get 2 band 6s and average 87+ in all your other subjects (exam performance), then you should be on your way to getting at least 91+. Improving your ranks can also help as the effect of your school rank on your internal marks will be minimised.

Also universities are NOT extremely strict when it comes to cut-offs.

Keep working hard, enjoy what you're doing and you'll hopefully get the ATAR you want.
this gave me some reassurance...thank you!! <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)