Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sickb

Thread: HSC Trials Prep

HSC

HSC Trials Prep

Hey guys,
    As many of you guys will have your trials very soon, what is your plan for the holidays? Studying 2-3 subjects a day or all in 1 day? Having a day to rest or never stopping the grind? I'm just curious
    "Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things… They can’t possibly remain the same."

HSC

Re: HSC Trials Prep

I have my trials from 25th July onward, so I have ~2 weeks left to study.
    For me I have tried to do 3-4 subjects a day as there is a lot to cover before my trials start.
    I did take the first Saturday and Sunday off though to rest.

Depending on your subjects it will make more sense to do 1 a day or multiple. E.g. if you have big content-heavy subjects like Economics or Modern/Ancient, then I suppose it would be beneficial to do 1 or 2 a day.
    HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry

ATAR Goal - 96.00 - B Laws at UTS
    (Screw 99.00 lmao)

Cadet
    HSC

i have been working pretty hard on all my subjects during the holidays and i was wondering does the amount of time i study matter because everyday i can easily get 3-5 hours of study down total
    supR likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by sickb View Post
    i have been working pretty hard on all my subjects during the holidays and i was wondering does the amount of time i study matter because everyday i can easily get 3-5 hours of study down total
    Different tasks take different amounts of time. I could do a chemistry paper and a physics paper, which could total to 6 hours+ including marking, or I could do a bunch of maths exercises and revise my notes in the same amount of time.

My point is that I think the goal really is to set out a bunch of tasks that you want to complete to a satisfactory level, and then do those. As long as this doesn't take an excessive amount of time, you should be good
    HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry

ATAR Goal - 96.00 - B Laws at UTS
    (Screw 99.00 lmao)

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by supR View Post
    Different tasks take different amounts of time. I could do a chemistry paper and a physics paper, which could total to 6 hours+ including marking, or I could do a bunch of maths exercises and revise my notes in the same amount of time.

My point is that I think the goal really is to set out a bunch of tasks that you want to complete to a satisfactory level, and then do those. As long as this doesn't take an excessive amount of time, you should be good
    What he said

Thread Information