Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By supR
  • 1 Post By the_matrix
  • 2 Post By Frostguard
  • 2 Post By jjnn

Thread: BURNED OUT for trials PLS HELP ADVICE PLSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC

Exclamation BURNED OUT for trials PLS HELP ADVICE PLSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heyy
    so i feel completley burned out, no motivation and trials are in 4 weeks , I don't know what to do, get me I KNOW THIS is so important and i aiming for a 95 atar but at this point Im just so mentally tired, we just finished term exams.

I haven't done anything to prepare for them and I know i have so much work to do, but i just cant do it.

Can someone please give me tips!!!! Im trying to go to library everyday with a friend from tomorrow onwards but idk how much thats gonna help if i,m not motivated!!

Pls help any advice or tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

HSC

Re: BURNED OUT for trials PLS HELP ADVICE PLSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I feel burned out I like to employ 'scare tactics' on myself kinda… so I'll picture myself on result's day not getting the ATAR I wanted at the start of the year and imagining the disappointment knowing that the study I'm not doing right now could've made a world of difference-- depressing I know, but it works for me! Studying is nothing but a discipline so working in 45-60min increments with a 5-10min rest in between for the next week may break your cycle of feeling unmotivated. Stress also plays a big role in how unmotivated I feel as I tend to believe that it is a precursor to feeling burned out-- so perhaps making studying a time that is stress-free will make you feel more motivated. You can get a lot done in 4 weeks so just take it slow and try to produce your best work without rushing.

HSC

I know how you feel.

It is good that you understand the importance of studying and having an atar goal, or some sort of goal in mind is really good!!

I like the idea of studying at the library, it is a new environment that is probably full of like-minded individual's, and that normally motivates me to study. As a side note, make sure you'll be productive with your friend ahah - Me and my friends typically go to the area in my local library where you aren't allowed to talk, and that way we are forced to get work done.

It may be beneficial as well to take a few days off just to relax from your previous exam block, as it is crucial to be well rested before studying, even though the trials are so close.
    Frostguard likes this.
    HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry

ATAR Goal - 96.00 - B Laws at UTS

HSC

You need to take a break where you do nothing work related mate. If you don't you might experience what true burn out feels like where you end up chronic stress issues which then leads you to counselling, psycholgist, GP and all other sorts of problems.

Then after you return to study you need to take regular breaks, like study for an hour then take 5 min walk or something (don't use social media or surf the net during this time).

If you don't take rest seriously, you will go through hell like I have and it feels like absolute shit. Took me a few years to feel okay again and i still get tired very easily nowadays.
    supR likes this.

HSC

Hey!! Allow yourself time to rest I mean we just finished term 2 so we’ve got the holidays (let’s be real my holidays started on the last week since all assessments were done for the term). Your mental and physical health is of utmost importance so you gotta make sure that your brain and body is healthy after such an exhausting term. Once you feel you’ve rested enough, begin writing your notes/studying/past papers. It’s ok to feel burnt out or exhausted, we’ve just come out so give yourself time to recover and that workaholic mode should kick in. You’re studying with your friends which is good but don’t spend your entire holidays studying, it’s not healthy, go out, do some exercise, visit a restaurant with your friends, watch some movies, anything that’ll take your mind off work. Good Luck and once you’ve fully rested, both sleep and mental stability, you should be right to start studying for trials and finishing off your last lot of assessments!! Hang in there!!!
    rvh and supR like this.
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

HSC

Thanks guys for all your advice

HSC

Hi,

What I did when I was behind or didn't perform substantial effort in preparing for exams, was focus mainly on the topics I have a weak ability in. Rather then focusing on the sections of the syllabus that I have strength in, focus mainly of the sections that you studied in class that you don't have a firm grip on. You have a month till your exams left, well from now you have roughly 20 days left, but that is plenty of time to revise topics you don't understand.

Once you have understood, practised, revised and know the difficult sections of the subject, then go back and revise the other missed sections (even if it is easy because you don't want to loose marks with questions you understood fully in but failed them because you didn't practise and realise the common silly mistakes you do).

Once you have done all that and wrote all the revision notes for the subject, start doing practise exams. Either from school or the website associating with your state (Education Department). Put a timer counting from how long the practise exam should take and mark them after you completed it. If you haven't received the percentage you were aiming for, for the practise exam, then redo the whole paper under time consent. Even do the questions you got right, that way you are not only practising and redoing the ones you got wrong, but also revising the ones you already understand. Sort of like mulit tasking. But make sure you understand why you got the wrong answers for the questions you got wrong.

Regarding your study buddy at school, I actually studied alone in the library to avoid any possible distractions that I may face while studying. However, having a study buddy can be beneficial for you if it works for you and you won't get distracted. You can exchange and collaborate your work and help each other in questions you don't understand.

Well I'm going to stop now because it seems I'm writing an essay then advice. Anyway, hope everything goes well for you and try your very best!!! Good luck

Thread Information